After 11 yrs this is the device that makes me jump carriers.
jsprake1

As noted in this forum and the Moto forum this phone has many unexcuseable flaws. For the 2nd/3rd month I have had the same issue : Black Screen of Death, no data for extended period of times, to name the most severe. I can't get important Emails for my job and can't make even emergency phone calls cause of the BSOD. I've spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon were they think they can promise me a solution and offer my less than phones as replacements and this doesn't make me happy when this was supposed to be a flagship phone. Im forced to goto another carrier so I don't lose out on Emails this week. CS also says that there are no reports of Bionic issues. I hope they look at this forum and Moto's and realize that I'm not alone. Im tired of waiting for a software update while I pay for a service that I can't use. Verizon waited til I was past 14 days to even offer another device by saying that a software update was supposed to be out by now. So instead of sending me a comparable device they would rather lose a good paying customer. Beware of the Bionic it's trouble and doesn't even rule itself let alone "all machines". Horrible Verizon. 

Jamie

0 Likes
Re: After 11 yrs this is the device that makes me jump carriers.
Wildman
Legend

I really seen that device to be a issue before it hit, if a developer pulls something and totally rebuild it because they couldn't resolve a issue this usually is a blinking strobe light to catch your attention..

The device has seen more negatity since release than positive feed back and I'm not surprised.. Motorola hasn't been wanting to work with users or developers on improving their devices and when they pulled the Tegra CPU from the Bionic I know the device would get limited intrest from developers because the Tagra has become the CPU or choice for gaming and graphic Apps..

I hate to hear your issues with the device but I seen it coming.

Good luck on a solution..

0 Likes
jsprake1

Thank you wildman for your support, really. I can't believe the stress this phone has caused me and my job. CS did nothing today. I've always stood by Verizon too. Both companys sugar coated this lemon and are calling it Ice Cream Sandwich, as I said in the Moto forum. Tired of this "brick" that I'm now stuck with. Thanks Wman. 

0 Likes
Utah_patriot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed wish I would have waited for a better phone.

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow not good. Now that we are re cycling phones who knows what you will get. I know personally it is frustrating for people to think nothing has been done about this. However, I had an epiphany last nite at work while having to explain to a healthy pt that they have cancer...Some times there is no cure and its not that people are not working on it around the clock, its we just don't know. The bionic is much the same way. VZW put their crap on, android has theirs and Moto has there. That is a concert that does not produce good things.

THE Jump from carriers won't save me, ATT is terrible in our area, can't even make a call from the house. The other two carriers have little or no signal even outside. Good luck.

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

Doc832 wrote:

Wow not good. Now that we are re cycling phones who knows what you will get. I know personally it is frustrating for people to think nothing has been done about this. However, I had an epiphany last nite at work while having to explain to a healthy pt that they have cancer...Some times there is no cure and its not that people are not working on it around the clock, its we just don't know. The bionic is much the same way. VZW put their crap on, android has theirs and Moto has there. That is a concert that does not produce good things.

THE Jump from carriers won't save me, ATT is terrible in our area, can't even make a call from the house. The other two carriers have little or no signal even outside. Good luck.

:smileyhappy: I like this post

0 Likes