Am I doomed?
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

As I was getting out of my friend's car yesterday, my DINC2 fell out my pocket & my friend drove over it. The screen is crushed! However, as soon as my friend drove over it, I received a call from my mom but of course, the screen is cracked so I could not answer it. Few mins later, I recvd a txt message but can't touch the screen. I took it to VZW to see if it could be fixed but the lady barely looked at phone and said no but I can upgrade you. She only cared about making a dollar. Called HTC, they said to mail it to them and they will determine whether it can be fixed or not. I know noone knows for sure if its fixable, but does it sound like there is hope because of the phone call & text message? My phone was recently submerged in A LOT OF WATER and again, VZW said buy a new phone. I kept it in rice for a week, and it started working again & was doing GREAT til yesterday. So, will my phone screen be able to work again? :smileysad:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Am I doomed?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community members for your input. Hello LetsgoFishing, I am sorry to learn about what happened to your phone. Adding to what was stated, you mentioned you did not have insurance for helping to replace your phone. Based on what you mentioned about the condition of the screen and the water damage, the phone would need to be replaced as opposed to being repaired. The amount of damage would affect the phone from operating properly even though sometimes it gets calls or text messages.  Also, you would want to have access to a working screen. If you could send me a PM with your information, I could review and clarify some options in helping you get the phone replaced.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

:smileysurprised: Boy you make your device earn its right to live..  :smileyvery-happy:  I am taking you must do not have insurance on the device because you might could file a claim and pay a dedutible for a replacement... 

As for repairing that device, after what it has been through I wouldnt invest the money or time, but that is my opinion.  Sounds lie it time to dig the grave and plan the wakes and let that poor device rest in peace..

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

LOL, Wildman!!!  The sad part, only had the device since first week of June. My friends are all telling me this phone is not for me. I'm currently back with my Droid Eris (which I hate). The DINC2 is the first phone in years that I really, really liked even though it does not seem like it huh? HAHA.

Seriously though, no, I did not have insurance. I have gotten conflicting info about the insurance. Just yesterday at the VZW store, 2 diff reps there gave me 2 diff answers. One said if I had insurance, it would have covered it.  The other said it would not have been covered. When it was submerged, the rep said it would of been covered even though since then, another said no. What is the correct info about insurance so I will know whether to get it or not on my next phone? Does my crushed screen sound hopeless? Honestly, Wildman, I had thought the same, be done with it but I really like this phone. If HTC say it's going to be costly, I will bury it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You can by a screen offline and install using instructions on youtube but if the car ran over it are you sure that the screen is the only dsmage?

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

I'm assuming so since I got a phone call & a text message almost immed after getting it run over. Granted, I can't see the screen, its now black & cracked but when I power it on, the lights at the bottom of the phone (the home, menu, search, etc) lights up. They will cut on and off if I lightly press the power on/off button each time. Now my ring tones eventually changed. I have an assigned tone to many contacts. When mom called, her normal ringtone played. But when she called back few mins later still looking for me, her ringtone changed. That's the only hesitation I'm having as to whether its fixable or not.

0 Likes
Jeffcoat5
The insurance through asurion covers whatever may happen to the phone. You just pay the deductible and they send you a phone.
0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community members for your input. Hello LetsgoFishing, I am sorry to learn about what happened to your phone. Adding to what was stated, you mentioned you did not have insurance for helping to replace your phone. Based on what you mentioned about the condition of the screen and the water damage, the phone would need to be replaced as opposed to being repaired. The amount of damage would affect the phone from operating properly even though sometimes it gets calls or text messages.  Also, you would want to have access to a working screen. If you could send me a PM with your information, I could review and clarify some options in helping you get the phone replaced.

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

Hi EdW, I sent you a PM.  thx

0 Likes