Am I understanding this right?
mole644

I am looking to upgrade to the Droid.  Right now I am on the Basic plan with unlimited text added.  I know I would have to have a higher plan to best utilize the droid, but am I reading it right that the cheapest plan to get unlimited data and messaging would cost me 99.99 a month?  That is outragous if correct.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Am I understanding this right?
techspert
Contributor - Level 1

mole644 wrote:

Right now I am running on the basic plan with the 500/unlimited texting, so there is a 30 dollar data plan that would let me utilize everything on the droid and not worry about using too much data or anything?  I didnt see anything online about said data plans adding on your current plans so I wasnt sure.  I definately need unlimited texting to at least VZW customers as I sent almost 700 last month.  80 bucks is about the most I'm willing to pay, i guess I just have to decide if the droid is worth it.

450 min ($40), 500/Unlimited texts ($10), unlimited smartphone data ($30) will run you $80/month before taxes.  Sounds like that should work for you.  When you go through sign up, you're given a $30 and $45 option.  The $30 is labeld as web and email for smartphone but it basically covers unlimited data for personal use.  The $45 is a business plan.  Again, there's no cap here.  All your data functions will be unlimited.  Just keep a tab on your text usage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gmack35
Enthusiast - Level 3

i think you would just have to add the $30 data plan to what you have now. i was on an alltel plan and switched to the basic verizon plan plus the data plan and texting.

0 Likes
mole644

I was just wanting to move up to the connect plan since it has unlimited date and texting for a decent price but on the droid comparison page it says its not compatible with the connect plan, which idk why, because VZW can I guess.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
It's because the Droids are smartphones and the Connect/Premium plans are for regular phones. They also include VZ Navigator, VCast Video, and Mobile Email, which the Droids do not (as of yet) support. So, if you still need unlimited messaging you can get the droid on a plan that would be as low as $89.98, or even less if you don't need the unlimited messaging.
0 Likes
techspert
Contributor - Level 1

mole644 wrote:

I was just wanting to move up to the connect plan since it has unlimited date and texting for a decent price but on the droid comparison page it says its not compatible with the connect plan, which idk why, because VZW can I guess.

Do you really text THAT much?  I mean, with the Droid you'll have unlimited push chat and email capabilities to expand your communication options.  If you're worried about total cost, I'd recommend keeping the basic plan at $40, add 500 texts for $10 which also gives you UNLIMITED texting to other VZW subscribers, and with the $30 data plan that comes to $80 per month.

0 Likes
Kyon14

Also you could try to get google voice so you get unlimited text :]

0 Likes
mole644

Right now I am running on the basic plan with the 500/unlimited texting, so there is a 30 dollar data plan that would let me utilize everything on the droid and not worry about using too much data or anything?  I didnt see anything online about said data plans adding on your current plans so I wasnt sure.  I definately need unlimited texting to at least VZW customers as I sent almost 700 last month.  80 bucks is about the most I'm willing to pay, i guess I just have to decide if the droid is worth it.

0 Likes
techspert
Contributor - Level 1

mole644 wrote:

450 min ($40), 500/Unlimited texts ($10), unlimited smartphone data ($30) will run you $80/month before taxes.  Sounds like that should work for you.  When you go through sign up, you're given a $30 and $45 option.  The $30 is labeld as web and email for smartphone but it basically covers unlimited data for personal use.  The $45 is a business plan.  Again, there's no cap here.  All your data functions will be unlimited.  Just keep a tab on your text usage.

0 Likes