Re: Android 2.1
Hushtommy

When I buy something, I expect the salesman to lie to me, or out of ignorance, make wild claims.  I did not buy the Droid because of what it might do someday.  I bought it because of what it can do now.  I have yet to scratch to surface of the power of this beautiful piece of machinery and am in no hurry for it to get updated.

0 Likes
frayed
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hushtommy wrote:

When I buy something, I expect the salesman to lie to me, or out of ignorance, make wild claims.  I did not buy the Droid because of what it might do someday.  I bought it because of what it can do now.  I have yet to scratch to surface of the power of this beautiful piece of machinery and am in no hurry for it to get updated.

Well good for you! have fun with that gfys :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Droid Eris Battery Solution
danyboy4

About the Droid Eris Battery Life,

I have to say is Very Short, I am a HEAVY user, and I drained the battery in half a day, the first time I used the phone.

I tried modifying programs and using Automatic Killers, with some improvement, but I found better solution.

I went on ebay and bought me two extra batteries and an EXTERNAL charger, (like a camera charger) for $16 dollars.

I have not  plugged the phone to charge since, and I am using it like crazy! just like I want to.  No worries about runing out of battery ever again!  I went to Mammoth , spend all day skiing, listening to pandora, had Softrace tracking my moves on the background, even ran Ski Eagle, to compare which one I liked better.  I was changing the battery three times a day on average,  so what?  never stopped using the phone.  You got to think outside the box!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris Battery Solution
sigmunddroid

danyboy4 wrote:

About the Droid Eris Battery Life,

I have to say is Very Short, I am a HEAVY user, and I drained the battery in half a day, the first time I used the phone.

I tried modifying programs and using Automatic Killers, with some improvement, but I found better solution.

I went on ebay and bought me two extra batteries and an EXTERNAL charger, (like a camera charger) for $16 dollars.

I have not  plugged the phone to charge since, and I am using it like crazy! just like I want to.  No worries about runing out of battery ever again!  I went to Mammoth , spend all day skiing, listening to pandora, had Softrace tracking my moves on the background, even ran Ski Eagle, to compare which one I liked better.  I was changing the battery three times a day on average,  so what?  never stopped using the phone.  You got to think outside the box!

Ok this is your answer. I got you beat I wired a car battery to mine and it lasts almost all day, unless I am using it then I have to recharge the battery half way through the day. oh and BTW I WANT MY 2.1.

0 Likes
I saw this and had to post
frayed
Enthusiast - Level 3

To summarize in Shakespearean form:

Verizon/Moto: Art thou hungry?
Droid Owners: Starving!
Verizon/Moto: We hath brought edible delights to quench thy deepest hungers!
Droid Owners: Thank you!
Verizon/Moto: Just kidding
Droid Owners: ?
Verizon/Moto: Go away

Excuse me but I’m trying to distract myself from depressing reality of the situation.

0 Likes
nautene

I am laughing because I was told by a Verizon customer service rep that the droids updates were out.  I went into a service center store regarding dropped call issues with my curve 8530. He suggested the droid phones(MOTO or ERIS).  I ask about the updates. "Oh yes they have the updates." In the end I exchanged phones another curve that still drops calls. I put in a trouble ticket. I am giving it until Monday (day off). If my problems persist, the htc was going to be my choice. So my question is can I really trust a sales rep knowledge of Verizon's products? I'll answer that myself : not really. SMH

0 Likes
AndroidJudy

It's now the end of May. Did I miss the update?

0 Likes