Android Update?
TPat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a HTC Droid Incredible, and a couple questions. When are we going to get the new Google Market? Also, will the Incredible get updated to Android 2.3?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Update?
TPat
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
droidian1441

The New android market is rolling out slowly to our android phones; not very many have got it. If you cant wait for the new market, heres a download link:

http://bit.ly/niRUGW

Use your phone to download it.

As for the A2.3 update, we should be seeing it sometime in the 3rd quarter, which began July 1. Rumors say after rollout of 2.3 to the Droid Incredible 2, the original will get it.

0 Likes
GregKrasnow

It would be nice if VZW could give a definate answer if the DINC 1 will indeed be updated to Gingerbread instead of all the speculation on the Internet.  Anyone from VZW listening?  Please?

0 Likes
TPat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tweeted Verizon support asking about the Incredible 2.3 update and they said: "Currently HTC has not communicated an update for the original Incredible."  I emailed HTC and I'm still waiting to see what they say...

0 Likes
ncdinc97

TPat wrote:

I have a HTC Droid Incredible, and a couple questions. When are we going to get the new Google Market? Available to download ^^ Also, will the Incredible get updated to Android 2.3? Doubtful, but just maybe. If not might checkout xdadevelopers.com

Thanks

0 Likes
TPat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I heard back from HTC and they said they don't release info on which phones are getting updates, or when.

0 Likes
GregKrasnow
Why is it so hard for these companies to just "yes" or "no"?
0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

TPat wrote:

I heard back from HTC and they said they don't release info on which phones are getting updates, or when.

I know how important it is to know when the newest products and software updates will be made available for your devices.

The manufacturer nor the cell phone provider are able to release the information. However, when the update is available you WILL know. 

You will either get the update on the phone, you may read a blog/forum where someone has gotten it, therefore you know it's coming to you, or WE here at Verizon may even update the forum/blog the day that it becomes available.

Reason being is this: What if we hear a speculated date from the software manufacturer/developer and then they decide to make some adjustments so that speculated date comes & goes? Once that happens, you as consumers will feel we are lying or keeping you out in the dark. That is not our intention whatsoever. We don't tell you, because we truly & honestly don't know until about a day prior to release;many times we find out the same day it is released.

Again, once we do get the information here the exact day it becomes available then you will know.

You can also sign up to get EMail Updates as to when products & services will be available.

0 Likes
GregKrasnow

TamaraH_VZW wrote:

Again, once we do get the information here the exact day it becomes available then you will know.

You can also sign up to get EMail Updates as to when products & services will be available.

Tamara,

I think at this point the question is more, will we see an update?  I understand if you cannot give an exact date, but those of us with a DINC1 want to know if a gingerbread update is ever going to come to us?  It should be a very easy yes or no answer.  Either HTC has an update which VZW is ready to certify or not.  I know that VZW works very closely with the manufacturers, so I would not believe that VZW does not know if HTC has/will have a DINC1 update available.

0 Likes
TPat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the new market last week...

0 Likes