Re: Another Signal issue.
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1

The issue I have at home only is the fact that it changes back and forth from 3G to 1X.

0 Likes
Low signal from every cell phone
Purejuice1

Hello there,

Every cell phone that comes into my area has very low signal. I called Verizon and was told there is a place on their website that I can put my cross streets in and the techs will check out the reason. Do you have that link by chance or how I could find that link? I am in a 4G area. I know there is coverage here.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Likes
Re: Low signal from every cell phone
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

another thing to try is taking a look at your signal strength rather than just looking at the bars, because the bars just give you an over view of things.

Menu--> Settings--> About Phone--> Network..You will see your signal strength

DBM Measurements :

1 Bar     102 - 120 dBm
2 Bars    93 - 101 dBm
3 Bars    87 - 92 dBm
4 Bars    78 - 86 dBm
5 Bars   40 - 77 dBm

The lower the dbm the better the signal will be

Dial *228-->option 2 to update your roaming capabilities and get the best signal possible

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Purejuice1

Sorry to hear about your signal issues. If you believe that it is a network related issue, I encourage you to send us a private message with your mobile number or account number so we can evaluate your situation. From the information that you have already provided, the resolution will more likely be a network extender, which runs $249.99. Although there are several other companies that sell network extenders, ours support both voice and data. For more info on the equip you can review the link below.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=gotoFemtocell

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
timelord
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too get bad reception at home, only place actually. Yet I've never had a dropped call or anything close. Since I use my PC for internet, I don't care about the bad home reception. 

0 Likes
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

Same here, when i am home the reception is low but calls are clear so i don't mind it

0 Likes
Re: Another Signal issue.
duckstomper

Does Verizon pay the $249 for a network extender if a customer lives in an urban/suburban area that should have full coverage (no basement/tall building/tree obstacles either)?  I tried the *228 solution, it worked for an hour and now things are even worse than before.

0 Likes
duckstomper

Sorry, I cannot see how to send a private message?  I would like someone to be able to check out my Droid X phone's signal. Is there a way to check the phone's hardware to see if the antenna/receiver is just crappy?

It doesn't work anymore (USED TO WORK) from anywhere in my home, yard, and only intermittently within a 2-3 mile radius of my house (just tried it and I had to walk for 1/2 mile before I even got 1x).  I live in a residential suburb of Minneapolis, so this is not a "rural" issue.  My daughter's Droid 2Global gets 3 bars in the house.  My husband has a Droid X and has the same issues, so either it's crappy software updates that got put on both our phones or we have bad phones. 

I did the *228 update several times now (had to go a mile from the house to get a signal that was good enough to even run the update, then ran it again 1/2 mile away on a 1x signal).  The phone toggles from the big red "loss of service, to 1 bar, to 1x with 1 bar, to 3G with 1 bar, then back to saying "LOSS OF SERVICE" and a big red loss of service icon.

We did stop at a Verizon store last night and the tech frankly was not much help.  The signal is good from their store so he doesn't see a problem.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

There is a FREE app in market called "Z-Device test" ...   It may have the "test" you're looking for ... 

0 Likes
duckstomper

Thanks -- I will have to go later to a location where I can GET a signal and try that app.  I will let you know what it turns up.

0 Likes