Any Help or Response from Verizon or HTC Regarding Problematic Update For OG Droid Incredible??
pre86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon,

Are you or HTC doing anything to resolve the problematic update that has effected most customers using the Original HTC Droid Incredible that was recently updated to 4.08.605.15? These problems include continual rebooting, freezing, and the necessity of repeated battery pulls in order to resume normal functioning. There have been a number of threads on the various problems, the following is just one of them.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/775916

Can someone please respond to show us that that you are at least aware of the problem? And please no recommendations on factory resets as this has not solved a majority of the problems.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Any Help or Response from Verizon or HTC Regarding Problematic Update For OG Droid Incredible??
k_e_l_l_y

pre86 - this was the response i just recieved:

Luckily, HTC has sent out a technical bulletin regarding this particular
issue. They're aware that the update will cause their devices to reboot quite a
few times, and they've said that it was actually something they had planned.
They've informed us that you'll experience this issue with the reboot for one
day but no more than two days maximum. I'm sorry because I know that it's not
what you were wanting to hear, but HTC is guarantying that you shouldn't have
this issue two days after the system update. No need to worry, it's not a phone
issue and your devices don't need to be replaced.

We'll see if this holds true......

0 Likes
Re: Any Help or Response from Verizon or HTC Regarding Problematic Update For OG Droid Incredible??
RexManteca
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, does HTC plan on compensating the folks who's phones they've bricked for the days of service the owner has lost?

0 Likes
raven44

I've had it the last 3 nights...though last night I woke up at 230 am...checked to see if my phone had rebooted and it had not....went to the bathroom and I came back to it rebooting. So it was like I set it off by checking on it.

How can HTC create a update knowing it would reboot at 2am over and over for up to 4 hrs numerous days? What kind of update is that?

0 Likes
pre86
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have had to pull my battery now ten times today to wake up my frozen phone. This never happened before the update and I can imagine will ultimately damage my phone. I just wish they would send out the prior firmware again. I don't care about visual voicemail if I can barely keep my phone running. I've taken really goof care of this phone and it kills me to have to rip the battery out everyday. I will demand a new phone free of charge if this is not resolved soon as this is a clear breach of my service contract with Verizon. It is irrelevant that it is out of warranty if it was broken by the manufacturer. I am fairly upset since all I want is the prior firmware back.

0 Likes
sdlinden

My Droid Incredible has rebooted at 2:01 every night since the upgrade.  At least 4 days.

0 Likes
sdlinden

Is there any way to back out the update?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you can't back out of an system update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cew123456789

Well, last night was night 3 of rebooting for me.  And not just 15 minutes ago, manually changed the time on my phone to 2am and the reboot happened yet again.

I'm glad someone gets a response from HTC.  I've sent an email and contacted them on Facebook and have heard nothing.

0 Likes
RexManteca
Enthusiast - Level 1

<Post deleted to comply with the .

<Discussion of rooting and hacking of any device is not permitted in this community per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes