Anyone else having mic problems with Bionic?
greenhavennn

I've had my Bionic since last September. In early January, the mic stopped working. Whenever I call someone, they cannot  hear me. Likewise, if I receive any incoming calls, the person on the other end cannot hear me. When I am heard, I'm told my voice is very muffled and barely audible. I've tested it from several locations around the city with same result. The mic works when I use speakerphone, but won't work in regular calling mode. I checked the usual stuff (mute, volume level, etc.). I've taken the battery out and restarted, rebooted and lastly did a factory reset with no luck. I mailed the phone in to Motorola. They kept it for a week and returned it in the same condition. The mic still doesn't work. I'm only six months into my contract and am really concerned that I can't use the phone effectively. Has anyone had this issue with their Bionic? Do you think Verizon would help with this, or am I just stuck with this phone for the balance of my contract? Other than this issue, I love the Bionic, as it does everything else well.

Thank you for any info or guidance that you may be able to provide for help in resolving this issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone else having mic problems with Bionic?
Not applicable

Good Afternoon greenhavennn,

I would be frustrated as well, if my callers were unable to hear me on a consistent basis. The problems you have described are not typical for the Droid Bionic as a model, they are likely related to your specific device. We provide one-year manufacture warranties on all new devices purchased directly from Verizon Wireless or an authorized independent agent or retailer.

Was it recommended that you send the handset directly to Motorola? Did you speak with our customer service or data support groups? Has the device been exposed to physical or liquid damage? If we determine that a handset needs to be replaced under warranty(without physical or liquid damage), we can ship you a replacement. You can keep your existing device until the replacement device arrives and then send back the defective unit.

We can review your account if you DM us with your information.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Good Afternoon greenhavennn,

I would be frustrated as well, if my callers were unable to hear me on a consistent basis. The problems you have described are not typical for the Droid Bionic as a model, they are likely related to your specific device. We provide one-year manufacture warranties on all new devices purchased directly from Verizon Wireless or an authorized independent agent or retailer.

Was it recommended that you send the handset directly to Motorola? Did you speak with our customer service or data support groups? Has the device been exposed to physical or liquid damage? If we determine that a handset needs to be replaced under warranty(without physical or liquid damage), we can ship you a replacement. You can keep your existing device until the replacement device arrives and then send back the defective unit.

We can review your account if you DM us with your information.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

greenhavennn

Hi JonathanK

Thank you so much for replying. First, I'll answer your questions. I went to Motorola website on my own and went through their automated troubleshooting process after entering my Bionic serial number. Since they couldn't resolve the issue online, they generated a work order and instructed me to send my device in. No, I have not spoken to your customer service or data support groups, as I've only been to this support forum. No, the phone does not have any liquid or physical damage. I'm 63, so the phone is pretty safe and not vulnerable to accidents or the elements since I'm not exactly on the run all the time.

I'm embarrassed to say that I was not aware that the one year warranty might possibly cover my phone, once reviewed by your staff. I'll look up that number (Cust Svc) under MyVerizon and explain my situation to one of those good folks. Once again, thank you so very much for showing an interest in helping to resolve my issue. I feel confident that I can now contact and speak with someone who may be able to bring closure to this issue.

Have a great week and God bless you!!

0 Likes