Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
rd1981

i got it this morning , now all my phone does  is resetting.... doesnt even make it to the home page, wished i wouldnt did the xda thing first instead of ota...

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry to see some are having problems.  Usually I seem to be the one that has had problems with this phone, but in this case got lucky.  I'm very happy right now!  After I switched to WiFi I go the update.  Possibly being on WiFi is the best way to go.  It took overall about 20 minutes and the phone just rebooted by itself and came on normally.  Everything works, contacts are there and the best part is I now get 4G everywhere in my house!  I used to have the constant switching between 4G, 3G, 1X then no data.  Nothing but 4G everywhere now, so they did improve something with the radio as HoustonHeart kept telling us.  Also apps seem to open faster. 

The ONLY thing I could complain about is the GPS.  At first I thought I had the issue others had reported about GPS not working at all after the update, but no, it still works but took at least 10 minutes to lock as I was just sitting stationary in my back yard.  Same as before, very slow locking. 

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

I got my update at about 5:30am...did the update over 3G...took about 10-15mins..nice smooth update..the phone is definately smoother/faster..the GPS has really improved..sitting in my room on my bed it locked on almost exactly where i am in about 5-10seconds..kinda freaky lol..but this was all well worth the wait.

0 Likes
averagejane
Enthusiast - Level 3

The tasty snack cake was ready to install when I booted up my phone this morning.  Wish  me luck with this install because I love, love, love my phone and am going to be an unhappy girl if it hoses it up and I have to get someone's nasty return as a replacement.

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

It will be worth the wait Jane...question to all...what the heck is a Quadrant score?

0 Likes
averagejane
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, this isn't going well.  It has been about 30 min and all I have this the big ole red DROID eyeball staring at me.  Any suggestions???

0 Likes
butlerpd1
I live in glendale az just got it this morning @0500 pretty smoooof i like it has less lag my only problem will check bluetooth later
0 Likes
UMFootball1989

I noticed it did stay on the red eye for a little bit..

0 Likes
lancius

I got the update too.    But now it reboots every 3rd minutes or so.   On the 2nd level tech support now.

Taking out the battery and stuff didn't work.     still reboots every 3rd minute or so.     Not sure what the 2nd level support will ask me to do.

** it's definitely new version... even the RED DROID logo is little different/new.

0 Likes
averagejane
Enthusiast - Level 3

Guess a factory reset is in my very, very near future.

0 Likes