Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
IncCharge

I figured people could post here to let other Charge users know when it starts rolling out.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Not yet, but it would be nice to manually pull it sometime later tonight :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Phatbowler
Enthusiast - Level 3
Beside going to Settings-About phone-etc, is there any other way to see if is available (ie turn off, pull battery, restart)?
0 Likes
shuddle13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not yet, I've been periodically checking though. Seeing as I'm an insomniac, I will be up late and let anyone know if I manage to pull it. I know we're all waiting with baited breath...Or maybe that's just me...

0 Likes
Phatbowler
Enthusiast - Level 3
I am waiting too, but I gotta sleep eventually.
0 Likes
UMFootball1989

I ewwas told to expect it around noon today

0 Likes
strike01

Would that ne eastern or pacific time ???

this is bull

0 Likes
NoLeafClover

Not yet, i have checked for system update OTA every 20 minutes.

Called Verizon yesterday asked about the update and was told they have not received anything about the phone from the manufacturer yet..I hang up on the guy frustrated because different verizon people earlier in the week told me different.

Went to the local verizon store right after and told them about the upcoming update and if I had the option to get it updated from the store - I was told its only available OTA and that I'd have to wait for the pop up on the phone.

If anyone gets it, please post time and location if possible

0 Likes
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

They will be pushing the most stable build of Ep4 starting suposibly today mid-day OTA.

It can hit your phone any time startign today but can be a week from now. IT will pull your number and go based on numbers they have cued .

Hopefully a SD instalable will make it's way onto the internet soon. Usually that is a day or two later and peopel will mirror it to elviate bandwith over usage.

0 Likes
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

They may not let me post this here, or may since it is the official veriozon SD OTA

THis is a stock, verizon, all programs offcial OTA only.  Requires install from SD card.

Regardless of the EP4D name it is newer then EP4P.

IF you currently have EE4, then you move the update fiel to the root directory (not into any folders) of your SD card via usb cable connected to the PC.

You place the phone in stock update  recovery mode and update via SD card.

Recovery mode (stock)  (volume up+ home,+power) 

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes