Apps running in background
jjc1031

After updating to 2.2 a ton of apps I never use run in the background slowing my phone so much that I can barely use it. I use advanced task killer but they come back in a few minutes without me even doing anything. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Apps running in background
Wildman
Legend

Applications the are needed can be configured to be closed automatically with a number of task killer apps, are you using the auto close feather in the one you are using, also out of curiousity it has been verified that the device runs better if the device is hard reset after the 2.2 update because the update did not remove some settings and apps that was not 2.2 compatible, did you do a hard rest after install?  If not follow instuctions below and this should help...

Follow these settings during restore to avoid issues being restored automatically.

1. Uncheck "Back up my data" under Settings/Privacy

2. Click Factory Data Reset/Reset Phone

3. After reset is complete only Active Phone but do not input Google Email information

4. Once phone is at homepage go back into Settings/Privacy and make sure the Automatic Restore option is unchecked, even if grayed out, activate "Back up my data" and quickly disable "Automatic Restore"

5. After being sure that the Automatic Restore option is off it will be safe to log into Google and you can continue installing preferred apps and custom settings.

This process will stop all applications and settings from restoring automatically and restoring original issues that usually resolve a number of issues.

0 Likes
jjc1031

Wildman,  Thanks for the quick response, my only question before I do this reset will I lose everything, pictures, contacts and settings.

Thanks again

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

jjc1031 wrote:

Wildman,  Thanks for the quick response, my only question before I do this reset will I lose everything, pictures, contacts and settings.

Thanks again

I'll jump in here for a second.  Following Wildman's steps above will not affect anything that resides on your SD card.  What is wiped/lost will be information on your phone's internal memory. I believe you should back up your contact lists.  Photo's, music etc will not be lost.

dj.

0 Likes
jjc1031

Thanks

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Remember dont restore settings or contacts from backup, just restore contacts from Google.

0 Likes
agentlat

:smileyvery-happy:   I tried this,, and

My Droid x  is no longer sucking battery juice,, it's been at 100% battery for about 3 hours!  Up until I did this, it would not hold a charge! Thank you for the information! 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad to know it was able to help..

0 Likes