Bait and Switch
snell352
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently bought a NEW HTC Thunderbolt and the extended brick battery. Probably spent close to $600.00.  The phone did not work and Verizon sent me a USED  Samsung Charge as a replacement. iT DID NOT EVEN COME WITH A BATTERY OR THE BATTERY COVER! Stay away from Verizon!!

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

verizon policy is a certified refurb for any replacement

battery never comes with it

you need to call and tell them they either

a. sent the wrong model

b. need to send a battery

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you mdram4x4 for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

@snell352,

I definitely understand your frustration and I'm here to help. 

As mdram4x4 mentioned the manufacturer warranty provides us with Certified Like-New devices to replace any phone that is being replaced due to manufacturer defects. These devices undergo a rigorous certification process with over 100 checkpoints in 10 different categories.

When we said we were replacing your HTC Thunderbolt were you advised that you would be getting the Charge and not another Thunderbolt? When we send a certified like-new replacement of a different model we include the battery and back cover. 

If you have not already contacted Customer Service regarding this, please send me a private message with your name and mobile number and I will be more than happy to take a look at your account. If the battery and back cover has not yet been sent I can order for you.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
what does this have to do with the droid bionic?
0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

reallyniceguy wrote:
what does this have to do with the droid bionic?

Nothing...a lot of people just have trouble figuring out how "categories" and "subjects" work.  :smileywink:

0 Likes