Battery/App help needed
BionicDude

New to the Bionic (scary after reading the posts in the community); new to smart phones.  Battery only lasts a few hours.  Don't understand how to manipulate the settings to keep apps from hogging power.  How do I manage settings to save power?  Do I need to download Advanced Task Killer?  Thanks, BD

0 Likes
Re: Battery/App help needed
BioFlatulance

you need to return your bionic before your stuck with it like the rest of us.

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

BioFlatulance wrote:

you need to return your bionic before your stuck with it like the rest of us.

This is the best advice you will get in a long time.

J

0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't listen to these guys, as the Bionic is a great phone. I had ZERO problems with mine, and most Bionic owners are probably the same way. If you want to get some great tips, go to androidcentraldot com.

BTW, most any problem that you encounter will be fixed by the new update.

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

pappy53 wrote:

Don't listen to these guys, as the Bionic is a great phone. I had ZERO problems with mine, and most Bionic owners are probably the same way. If you want to get some great tips, go to androidcentraldot com.

BTW, most any problem that you encounter will be fixed by the new update.

Read the forums for yourself, don't trust me. Read not only these forums, but go to the ones at motorola. If you still want the Bionic, wait to see what the community response is to the update. I am sure you will be able to tell the petty complaints from the complaints about the basic function of the phone. This phone has a huge data connection problem.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

since you're new to the bionic, how many apps have you downloaded that may be pulling on the battery?

a task killer is another battery draw.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
How long is the battery lasting you? On 4g mode I usually get 5 to 6 hrs of heavy use.I use circle battery widget to monitor battery. On 3g mode I get around 7 to 8 hrs of battery life. The phone is a great phone. I am lucky not to have as many issues as other people. I feel that returning the phone and giving up is not the way to go at it.
0 Likes
Bionic_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are a few simple things you can do to save battery. Touch the menu button in the bottom left corner of your phone. Touch Settings. This will bring up a menu of items.

First, check the brightness and adjust if necessary. Mine is set to Auto brightness. 

Next check the Screen Timeout. Mine is set to 2 minutes, but you may be able to go to one minute or 30 seconds.

Next go into Wireless and networks. Tap on mobile networks. Then tap on Network Mode. If you are in a 4G LTE area, select CDMA/LTE. If you are in a predominately 3G area, select CDMA only.

Next, go back to the Settings screen and tap on Battery and data manager. Then select Battery mode. Here you can select a battery saver mode. You can even set a custom mix of settings for your battery. Mine is set to Nighttime saver. 

Next go into Data Saver. You can choose to turn on Data saver, but you may not like what it does to your email and social apps.

Mine is turned off.

Next is Data Delivery. Here you may set several data setting to your liking. 

Give that a shot and post back here if you have any questions.

0 Likes
gimmmick

New to this forum, and I just recently purchased a droid bionic. Juice defenders did wonders with my evo shift when I was with sprint. Going to see if I get the same results with this device.

0 Likes
zach_pobanz

I've heard juice defender is a battery killer on the bionic. Best thing to do is run wifi when possible, 4g when downloading, and 3g whenever else.  This is the system that I use and I get 12-19 hours before it is at 5 percent or lower and needing to be plugged in.  As mentioned before task managers are battery hogs as are a lot of programs running in the background.  I like to use the "back" button to get out of apps as this closes them up instead of leaving them running in the background.  Try a few things out and see if they work for you.  If not, the extended batter is always an option too.  Since this is your first smart phone I would imagine you on it quite a bit.  Hell this is my 4th smart phone and I'm always on it doing something.  I'm just lucky my battery lasts as long as it does.

0 Likes