Battery dying after 4.0.4 update
tzman

After downloading the new 4.0.4 android software my bionic dies after half a day with nearly no usage. OS using over 50 %. Tried new battery, same thing. I can hear it updating continiously through the walkman I wear at work. What gives, anyone?

0 Likes
Re: Battery dying after 4.0.4 update
arkitek

I have LG Lucid and I noticed the same thing.  battery goes dead after 1.5 hours with just 1 app running (Waze.com).

Lucid shows the weather from yahoo with the time and that drains the battery down as well and its continuously updating.

0 Likes
tzman

It seems verizon has thrown new software at existing hardware without any consideration for their end use customer. Hello! Verizon? Do you read these?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's been 1 day 10 hours since I charged my Bionic and it's at 50% charge, and that's after a few phone calls/texts and a bit of internet usage.  Have you tried turning off background data and disabling any apps you don't use?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, Verizon doesn't read these regularly.  This is a customer-to-customer forum.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you cleared your system cache since you installed the update? 

0 Likes
tzman

I've disabled and uninstalled over half my apps, and nearly all running that aren't system. I've talked to customer service, got a new battery and can't keep this thing alive. I make maybe 4 calls a day, no texts, little data. Not a happy camper...

0 Likes
tzman

System cache cleared 24 hours ago.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried backing up all your data, removing the SD card, and doing a factory reset?

0 Likes
Roger1980

I have been seeing the same problem on my LG Lucid ever since the ICS upgrade. The weather app is the guilty party. I guess that it is the built in Yahoo weather. I deleted the widget. I tried to stop the app and it just comes back. There appears to be a problem relating to syncing. I enter the settings app then select accounts and syncing and then the phone locks up. Next thing to try is uninstalling the weather app. That is not always posible for the bloatware apps that come with the phone.

0 Likes