Bionic Owners! Jelly Bean To arrive soon on your Phones
B33
Legend

Just Seen this on my Favorite Site to Visit:   Jell Bean is Coming Soon!  First in Quarter # 2

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/03/26/motorola-commits-to-updating-droid-bionic-to-jelly-bean-in-q2/

0 Likes
Re: Bionic Owners! Jelly Bean To arrive soon on your Phones
Not applicable

And then after they get the JB update they will all be coming here saying they lost this app or the phone does not ring, the email is not working, my wifi has stopped connecting and my router or modem is not supported, or I should not have to buy new devices, my car no longer connects via bluetooth, my sounds are gone, I cannot see my contacts, my music is gone, my sd card is not being found, Google is taking over my phone, Verizon is not helping us, I am a loyal customer and I feel more should be done to fix these issues, my call volume is low, its too high, (ADD ANY OTHER COMPLAINT HERE)   yep I am sure Bionic owners can't wait to have all these issues ha ha

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well it all Depends on a Few Factors: Ya Just cant throw down on the OS with any new thing new there can Be issue or Two Doesn't matter what phone you have)

I suggest the Best way to take the OS is with a Clean Phone do a System Cache clear and or a Factory Reset i didn't and mine is doing Ok but i did Removed a Fare Share of the Apps that i had.. The ones that i left on my Maxx prior to the Update Got Updated when the OS finished it's Update but i'm seeing some really Nice things on my Maxx Especially when i use the Voice search or when have my Bluetooth Device Connected to it and it asks for a Command..

So there might be some bumpers along the Way but if you Make your Phone to were it Takes the Update in a Cleaner state of way it might just work as Smooth as Butter..  b33

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ha Ha I was actually trying a little humor. My razr (actually wifes razr) was updated not ota but I downloaded to my sd card per the droid website. the install went without a hitch, everything was tested after the update and the newer features and google browser work flawless. Battery life is still great and all apps work.

The wifi at the house connected without any problems. So I was lucky.

Of course I have read so many update nightmares and have answered many of them I found when you stated the Jelly Bean was coming to yet another phone I just melted with yet another round of problems to read and answer.

Time will tell.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup i will go with that b

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like the roll-out will begin Monday (4/15):

DROID Smartphones - Android Ice Cream Sandwich

Yes, the link refers to the ICS upgrade, but there is an update paragraph on that page about Jelly Bean, and the support page document describing the update refers to JB.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yippie

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I have to say the JB Update is very similar to the Razr update. No lost apps, Everything still works (in some cases better) Update is nice and smooth. It got rid of some of the junk (which is always a good thing).

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No issues here, either.  As expected, the changelog is like the one for the Razr and Razr Maxx:

Release Notes - DROID BIONIC - Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) Software

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I don't know if you use Maps at all for seeing your location or locations of others but if you do, it will not work right out of the update.  You need to go to Settings>Google>Location Settings and move the toggle from off to on for Let Google apps access your location

If this is not done it will show you as a stale location.

0 Likes