Blank Screen Droid 2 Global
jae1775

Screen doesn't work.  Appears to have some kind of illumination but nothing is viewable even after battery pull and reboot.  Keyboard and touchscreen buttons light up.  Message indicator lights up.  Vibrate function works.  Just can't see anything on the screen.

0 Likes
Re: Blank Screen Droid 2 Global
4g0tt3n

i'm having the same problem woth my phone. i have absoutley no clue what happened it wasn't dropped or submerged in water. it just stopped working. the key board lights up and i can unlock the screen but the screen is completely dark. after the screen is unlocked it's completely unresponsive. some help would be nice 

0 Likes
jae1775

i wish i could at least connect my phone to a computer and back it up or pull data off of it but without the screen i can't switch the phone out of usb charge only.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

jae1775 wrote:

Screen doesn't work.  Appears to have some kind of illumination but nothing is viewable even after battery pull and reboot.  Keyboard and touchscreen buttons light up.  Message indicator lights up.  Vibrate function works.  Just can't see anything on the screen.

Hello jae1775!

Oh wow, I know it's aggravating not being able to see anything on your display!  I would like to assist.

Looks like you've done the necessary troubleshooting, so I would like to suggest one more step to see if we can get the screen working again.  Please perform a hard reset of the device, in which you'll have to follow the "Alternate method" instructions since the display isn't working.  Normally I would suggest backing up your data prior to the reset, however, since you're unable to access the menu the data that is syncing with your current Google account will sync back to the device when it goes through activation & setup again.  If you have a Backup Assistant account, you'll just need to enter the Backup Assistant PIN to sync your contacts back to your device.  Pictures, videos & music files are saved to the SD card, so those files would be retained.  Any other applications you will need to redownload.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

0 Likes