Blue tooth issue
Sparkette
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the last update, I can not pair with anything including my head set that I had paired with before. I have tried putting it in discoverable mode before searching for devices and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blue tooth issue
Sparkette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally called in to tech support and they had me do a hard reset. And yes we all know what a pain in the butt that is, but tech support walked me through it had me back everything up and now my blue tooth is working and I could sync to my new car as well. I am still putting everything back on my phone but all my contacts downloaded just fine and my pics were on my sd card which she had me pull before the reset and they are all still there.

I know noone wants to do a hard reset but it has fixed several other issues I was having. So you might give tech support a call and have them walk you through it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NinaMeanJeans

I have the SAME issue with my Droid 2 since last "forced" update. Been dealing with bluetooth issues on devices that worked prior to update. I have a 2009 Ford Focus with Microsoft Sync, Jawbone Icon, Motorola Universal H17txt bluetooth headset, and a Scosche portable bluetooth speaker that clips on visor of my other vehicle. They all paired with my handset and worked beautifully until upgrade.

After upgrade on handset ALL of the devices listed above FAILED to work. It took many hours over a period of time to finally get my Sync system to connect. I don't know how I did it as I just kept trying the SAME steps EVERY time I got into my car & for some UNKNOWN reason it finally worked. It has been very unreliable since then and has failed 3x, bringing me back to square one. I was able to force connection by deleting device name from my Sync and vise versa on my handset, then after changing my device's name I would have to "pair for the first time" on Sync in my car. Well as of 2 days ago this no longer works AT ALL. Sync does not find my device and my device does not find Sync PERIOD. I have turned the bluetooth on & off on both, made discoverable, scanned for devices AND STILL NOTHING.

Same with my headsets. After finally getting my Icon to pair I was at least able to use that headset, even though ALL the other features NO LONGER WORKED. Droid 2 no longer detects my Jawbone Icon AT ALL. Same issue with my Motorola H17txt. First successful pair after forced Android upgrade proved only to be useful for phone conversations. ALL FEATURES WERE LOST, now unable to detect AT ALL.

The Scosche was deemed useless after Android upgrade.

My Jawbone Icon was purchased brand new on July 16th for $99 + tx etc. I then purchased my Motorola H17txt for about $40 a month later. I bought the Focus because of the Sync feature that is now useless since I am now stuck with this phone until January 2013. I smell a class action lawsuit in the air.......

0 Likes
Sparkette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally called in to tech support and they had me do a hard reset. And yes we all know what a pain in the butt that is, but tech support walked me through it had me back everything up and now my blue tooth is working and I could sync to my new car as well. I am still putting everything back on my phone but all my contacts downloaded just fine and my pics were on my sd card which she had me pull before the reset and they are all still there.

I know noone wants to do a hard reset but it has fixed several other issues I was having. So you might give tech support a call and have them walk you through it.

0 Likes