Bootloader D0.11 HELP!!
MrsBub
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my husband and I have Droid 2 Gobal phones, and he has had so many problems with his phone.  Last night his phone said there was an update he needed to download, so he proceeded to download it.  Well, now his phone has a black screen that reads:

Bootloader

D0.11

Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery Ok

Ok to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

I have been searching the web on how to fix it, but no one is giving clear instructions.  PLEASE someone help me!!!

0 Likes
Re: Bootloader D0.11 HELP!!
bgeoghegan

I'm having the problem on mine with exactly the same error messages.  It looks like an upgrade that's hard to refuse is tanking phones.  If you call Verizon support they can walk you through a hard reset to try to recover the phone.  In my case it didn't help.

To me that means Verizon killed my phone.  Here's hoping VZW owns up to a bad update -- especially as so many Droid2 Globals are out of warranty. I have 3rd party coverage through WirelessZone but without it I'd have to buy a new phone because of this.  Losing 2-3 hours of my time plus a day or more without my phone is still bad.

0 Likes
hanspring2000

damned, yes, same problem, same error code here. What have you done, Verizon? Fix the problem immediately!

0 Likes
mphmph

I am having exactly the same problem. I went to the Verizon store and they implied that the phone was dead and I was out of warranty and out of luck. The phone was perfect before the update. Verizon PLEASE help!

0 Likes
MrsBub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had also sent a message to Motorola to see if they had a fix.  They told me to do the factor reset, just like Verizon did.  They said that if they didn't work to send them the phone and they will look at it.  But that would take at least a week due to shipping.  So after repeatedly trying to factor reset (with the Verizon Tech support) they said that they will send a replacement phone (I thought our warranty was up, but I wasn't about to mention that!).  This is the second replacement phone we have got in 6 months due to software issues.  So they really don't know how to fix the problem with the update.  And the really bad thing is our other phone, which is also a droid 2 global, is wanting to update also.  I just keep saying "update later" because I don't want to go through this again.  I wish they would test their updates before they infect all their customers.  We have a little over a year before our contract is up, and if they keep having problems like these; they are losing 2 more customers!

KenR

I am having the same problem, same error message.

0 Likes