CALLERS CAN'T HEAR ME - AND I'M NOT PUSHING 'MUTE'
vkeeney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Frequently when I answer or make a call on my Droid X the person on the other end can not hear me.  I can hear them, but they can not hear me.

I just replied to a recent post of someone having the same problem, but just realized the post was marked 'answered' so no one would probably look at it.  The link posted in the 'answer' does not work, however, so I'm re-posting my question here....

The problem happens without warning and not on every call...and I am NOT pushing the mute button by mistake. I have taken out the battery many times which will fix the problem temporarily.  I contacted Verizon yesterday and the tech said something about the 4G and 3G signals being changed....she had to 'reset' something, after which she told me to call *228 to re-program my phone.  It worked for less than 24 hours, and today, it happened again - twice.  I had to pull the battery out for a few minutes and then restart the phone.  It seems to go less time fixed in-between the battery resets.

The Verizon tech said I could get a replacement re-furbished phone - but I have read online so many problems with refurbished phones.  I am hesitant to reload all the apps and settings on to another problem phone.

When I call customer service they act like I am the only customer with the problem.  I've done a google search of the issue and have found MANY with the same problem, but NO solutions or reason for the problem.   I've spent a lot of time with customer service and they are shooting in the dark it seems - with no real idea of the problem or how to correct it.  Does anyone know of the cause and/or a REAL fix to the problem??

0 Likes
Re: CALLERS CAN'T HEAR ME - AND I'M NOT PUSHING 'MUTE'
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I don't know why she said that about the 3g 4g because the X & X2 don't have 4g.

B33
Legend

That's true Koosh that is Unless some little Varmint Went into that Phone and put the 4G in there b33

0 Likes
woodslink
Enthusiast - Level 1

If anyone else gets this problem, there is an app named SoundAbout that will fix this issue.

0 Likes