Calendar Sync not functioning
nikilynn

As of October 19th, the Calendar Sync function failed to work on my Droid. Even manually attempting to sync does not work...the "circle" turns for a few seconds and then stops, the icon remains on the screen, and the date/time stamp does not update. The only advice I've gotten to date is to completely re-set the entire phone back to the factory defaults and reload all of my accounts and re-download all of my apps. Obviously, this is not the route I want to go which is why I've suffered for the past 3 months, but it has become a serious problem in coordinating my personal and professional commitments. Any advice on waking up my calendar and getting it back in sync?

0 Likes
Re: Calendar Sync not functioning
bearone21
Legend

are you syncing the calendar within the dx or the google calendar? google calendar will sync if selected in accounts/gmail.

0 Likes
nikilynn

I'm going to Settings > Accounts > Google

The screen says "Data & synchronization" and all items are checked: Sync Books, Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail, Sync Calendar.

However, the "Sync Calendar" appears to be stuck. The circle/arrow icon will activate if I turn the check box off & back on, but then it freezes, stays on the screen and the date/time stamp does not update.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

by activate, you mean show the green check mark?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Nikilynn, I agree that it is important to backup your calendar for both personal and professional uses. First, have you tried logging into your Gmail and going to the calendar on a computer? If not, visit your Gmail and then try adding a new appointment there. Give it a few minutes and then try syncing on the phone again.

I have seen some cases where the phone doesn't have an option at all to sync the calendar and what resolved it was by adding another Gmail account to the phone. While this issue is a little different, it may resolve your calendar problem also. Create a new Gmail account and add it to the phone. Once that one is added, check your first account to see if you now have the option to sync your primary Gmail account. If so, you can delete the second account. If it is still not working, the only other option I see would be to remove the primary Gmail account from the phone, which would require a factory reset.

Please let me know if this works for you.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nikilynn

Yes, I've tried creating events via my gmail account on my PC and I've

created them on my phone. And my husband (who also has the same Droid) has

created events on his phone since we share our calendars with one another.

Still no sync.

I created a new Gmail account and added it to the phone. The NEW account

does NOT even have a calendar sync option.

The old account has a calendar sync option and the green box is checked;

however, even if I try to force it to sync, the circle/arrow icon starts

spinning and then freezes up.

This calendar function was the reason I finally bought a smart phone last

spring. If it doesn't work, there is no need for me to continue my existing

Verizon wireless service. I'm so frustrated and disappointed that there is

no explanation and no solution.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM, MarquiaF_VZW <

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

This is very strange ...  I find the GMAIL to local CALENDAR "sync" pretty much flawless on mine. I don't even wait after making a Calendar entry on Google ONLINE, or vice versa from my DROID X.  I enter something it it's sync'ed, like right away. If in MY ACCOUNTS for your GMAIL account the "Sync Email" is green/checked, that's all that is required.

Have you tried running in SAFE MODE just to rule out a 3rd party APP isn't causing the issue? Or Have you tried doing the CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE procedure, just for grins?   Which DROID do you have? Other than that, it might be time to try the Factory Reset ... ugh ...  painful, but might be your last approach.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

mine syncs all 3 without any problems.

fwiw:

i use google/ig as my homepage on my pc.

if i add something to gmail contacts or calendar, it's listed on my phone & google/ig by the time i go back to pc homepage or the phone.

0 Likes
nikilynn

I appreciate the feeback telling me how perfectly everyone else's sync

function works; however, if mine were as wonderful as yours, I wouldn't

have posted a message looking for assistance. Just for the record, my

husband's Droid X seems to sync in a timely and flawless manner as well.

And mine also updated instantly for months until one day it mysteriously

ceased to function.

I haven't tried the "clear cache" option. I'm apparently going to the wrong

place to attempt this because my cache says 0 and the button is grayed out.

Any guidance?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

maybe the reset is in order. check it before & after each app is installed. no1 here knows what apps you've installed & may be the problem.

create another gmail account & login after reset.

0 Likes