Calendar not staying up
mscolvin

I've had my Droid X for about 6 weeks, and today, for the first time, I began to have problems with the calendar app.  When I touch, it opens very briefly, then closes.   The calendar widget does show the next appointment, with no issues.  I have tried powering off/on, and nothing has worked so far.  Can someone give me some ideas on how to solve this?

0 Likes
Re: Calendar not staying up
JMMills
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue...calender opens for less than a second then closes.  I've turned the phone off, took out the battery, restarted the phone...all to no avail.  Calendar works fine from the browser and from a computer.  This isn't an app that can be deleted and then re-installed it seems.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
JMMills
Enthusiast - Level 3

There's got to be more than two of us that have this problem...back to the top to see if we can get some help from the good folks on here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you ever tried opening the application a second time after it does the blip?

I have occasionally opened the calendar or some other application and it will open for a second and then close. I select the application again to open and it works just fine.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JMMills
Enthusiast - Level 3

The same result occurs no matter how many times you try to open the app in a row.  I guess I'll call customer support if I don't find a solution on here soon...

0 Likes
uspsmark

I downloaded a calendar app called Gemini and it works just fine with my calendar...however, I like the regular one that came with the phone and it is still not working...grrrrr!

0 Likes
JMMills
Enthusiast - Level 3

Calendar is still not working properly. I was sent a message on here by a Verizon tech that this could be a "known problem" and to call customer support and open a ticket.  I did that and was told that they could send me a replacement phone of I could try a factory reset.  I don't really want to do either!  The calendar show for the next week and onwards, but will not show any entries on the phone for the current or past weeks.  What a dilema...

0 Likes
JMMills
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem solved with help from the Motorola forums.  Press the "Menu" key then select "Settings". Select "Applications' and then select "Manage Applications". Select the tab at the top that says "All". Select "Calendar" and then "Force Stop" and "Clear Data". Return to "Manage Applications" and select "Calendar Storage" and "Force Stop" and "Clear Data".  Press the "Home" key and then turn off the device.  Turn the device back on  select the "Calendar" app which will then re-sync with the Google online calendar.  This worked for me...hope it helps someone else!

0 Likes
rdquinlan

Thank you so much for posting the details!  I was having the same problem and your post enabled me to fix the problem.

0 Likes