Calendars
justincrews

Is there a way to run two different calendars on the X.  I am trying to run one for personal and one for work.  I set up a seperate email for work so I can make additional calendar.   I just can't figure out how to make the additional calendar.

0 Likes
Re: Calendars
Wildman
Legend

Running two calendar apps isn't the issue, separating the data source would be the issue because mostly all apps use Google account which does not support any calendar grouping so I do not see it being possible unless there is a calendar that allows you to add appointments without being synced.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

You can have as many calendars as you want on the X, go to your Google account and set up another calendar, I have about 8. Google will even allow you to use different colors that will show on the X.  You can show and sync all or show them all individually.  I even set up a calendar on both my X and my husband's D2 for shared events.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thanks for pointing that out because I didnt realize that was possible, I'll have to check that out.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have a couple of calendars loaded into my google calendar. However I haven't figured out how to get the color to be different for all of them. Can you post the steps to get that part to work?

Thanks,

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

You have to do it from your computer.  Sign into Google calendar and go to the drop down menu on the calendar title.  There are several options and a chart of colors, just select the color you want and your golden. :smileywink: Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kooshie wrote:

You have to do it from your computer.  Sign into Google calendar and go to the drop down menu on the calendar title.  There are several options and a chart of colors, just select the color you want and your golden. :smileywink: Hope this helps.

Nope. No dice. My gmail calendar and the "Phases of the Moon" calendar are still both a red color. :smileysad: The "US Holidays" calendar is a nice different blue.  This is the agenda view on my phone. The calendar view from the computer have different colors for each calendar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Hmm, I have the DX and all my calendars have different colors that I have assigned.  If I understand correctly your one calendar is a different color but the other two are the same and you have the Eris.  I don't think it's the phone perhaps it hasn't had a chance to sync yet?  I also have the moon phases and the Holidays, along with several others, they all have different colors.  :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kooshie wrote:

Hmm, I have the DX and all my calendars have different colors that I have assigned.  If I understand correctly your one calendar is a different color but the other two are the same and you have the Eris.  I don't think it's the phone perhaps it hasn't had a chance to sync yet?  I also have the moon phases and the Holidays, along with several others, they all have different colors.  :smileysurprised:

Did refresh (couple of times) and reboot.  Maybe the option was embedded within Android 2.2 while I have 2.1.  I did notice in my calendar choices on my phone the "PC Sync" is green.  I don't use that particular calendar.  Oh well.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As a test, I subscribed to the "Cantacts' birthdays and events" through Google.  It also shows up as red on my phone.  I am believe to think it is a limitation of the calendar app within Android 2.1.  As of right now the three of four calendars that are synced through the gmail are the same color.  It's not a big deal but it would be nice to have different color to know which calendar they belong to.

0 Likes