Re: Calendars
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Well my husband and I both have Motorola, is it possible it's an HTC issue?  or as you said limitation of 2.1 since we both have 2.2.  :smileysad: bummer!

0 Likes
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

It's a software issue... talk to someone working on a calendar app... donations probably won't hurt either.

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

As Kooshie had stated, the Droid X can support several calendars and even allows the option online to color code them(through Gmail).

The common supported calendar types would be either:

Gmail Calendars (iCal)

Outlook Exchange

You can also import an iCal to Google Calendar for additional calendars. The marketplace may have additional calendar options.

0 Likes
droid-geek
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:
I have a couple of calendars loaded into my google calendar. However I haven't figured out how to get the color to be different for all of them. Can you post the steps to get that part to work?

Thanks,

Once you have logged into your gmail calendar from a PC, look where it shows all your available calendars on the left side of the screen.  Each calendar should have a little downard pointing triangle beside it.  Click that triangle and a screen should pop up that shows several choices (Display only this calendar, Hide Calendar from list, Calendar settings, etc).  Below that should be a grid of several colors.  Click on the color you want and your calendar should change to that one.

I know that Android 2.1 only allowed the calendar from your main Google email account to synchronize (this was resolved in 2.2 and has worked on the HTC Incredible, Droid X and Samsung Fascinate that I have owned).  I honestly cannot remember if the individual colors showed up on the main gmail account calendar under 2.1 or not.

0 Likes
kmax44

I set up 3 calendars in my google account, US Holidays ,Phases of the moon and  a caledar that has a recurring event on my Droid X in month mode I can only see the recuring event in agenda mode I can only see recurring event but not moon phases, are you saying you can see moon phases on your phone calendar?

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

Wow!!  Another thing I learned here tonight!  Kudo's all around! 

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2
I have moon phases, it shows on my DX & has its own color.
0 Likes
kmax44

Does it only show in agenda mode and doesnt actually show you the moon but tells you the phase?

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2
I had to check, it does in all the calender options but it doesn't show the moon it just tells me the phases. Also, its not on every day its only on the days the mon is full, new,& quarter.
0 Likes