Call blocking
davet101

Is there a way for me to block calls from a certain phone number on the Bionic?

0 Likes
Re: Call blocking
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, you can add the number to your Contacts/People, then press Menu > All calls to voicemail, and as it says, all calls will go straight to voice mail. 

Another option is to log into your on-line MyVerizon account and look under Plan, then click on Block Calls and Messages.  Add the number in the appropriate space and click Submit.  The block will remain in place for 90 days, but you can re-block it after 90 days if you need to.

0 Likes
sherrix2

Can someone tell that I have blocked their number when they call my phone? Can they still text me? If they are blocked from calls, will I still get their text?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you use the call block on your MyVerizon account, they won't be able to text you as well. They will get a message that the call can't be completed or something similar when they call you. Not sure about the text messages though.

I believe a Verizon Wireless employee gave a more detailed answer in an older discussion in the community if you want to search for it. Which might have been a good idea to have tried before starting a new discussion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sherrix2

I did try to search it Ann

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question davet101! I have an answer for you! You can block up to five numbers from calling and messaging you for FREE! You can go to vzw.com/safeguards or login to vzw.com/myverizon and click "Block calls & messages" to add the block. We're here if you have further questions!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
davet101

Thank You!!

<< Personal information removed.  Please edit your replies when responding via email. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bigshow819

i need to block a number from calling and texting me

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look four posts up (my Jan. 4 post) about how to block numbers via your on-line MyVerizon account.

0 Likes
kooter2

Can someone who I have blocked through Verizon still call me if they use *67?

0 Likes