Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camera Issue
Aliwoj2688

Hi all, 

This morning I was trying to take a photo with my Dinc2 and received an error saying: "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone". I have not deleted it myself, and this is the latest thing to stop working over the past few days. Does anyone know a solution to this problem that would not involve losing all of my data? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Camera Issue
KinquanaH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Aliwoj2688, I understand your concerns because I currently have a Droid Incredible 2 and love my device. I haven't had any issues with my device regarding the camera but understand how important it is to have this functionality working properly. I researched any reported issues with this phone and show some customers have reported that their camera closes or the app for the camera is not on their device. We always want to try a few trouble-shooting steps to fix the issue.

The first step would be to clear your cache and browser history. I will list the steps below:

1. From the mains screen select Menu.
  2. Select More.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select Clear all cookie data.
    Note Cookies are used to store information that helps personalize the Web browsing experience. Cookies may contain information including: website preferences, login settings, shopping cart contents and more.
  5. Select OK.
  6. Select Clear cache.
    Note Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.
  7. Select OK.
  8. Select Clear history.
    Note A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.  
  9. Select OK.

Secondly, I would perform a battery pull for 1-2 minutes to soft reset the phone.

Thirdly, I would also try putting the phone into safe mode.  Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this step is necessary to check if a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue.

To Enable Safe mode:

1. Press and hold down the Power Key.
  2. Select Restart.
  3. Select Restart.
  4. When the HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Release the Volume down key when Safe Mode appears in the lower left.
    Note May take up to 30 seconds.
  6. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  7. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  8. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

To Disable Safe mode:

1. Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Select Restart.
  3. Select Restart.

Lastly, if you still can not access the camera, you will need to perform a factory reset. I will list the steps below:

Note: Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

1. From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select SD & phone storage.
  4. Select Factory data reset.
  5. Select Reset phone.
  6. Select Erase Everything.
  7. Perform initial programing.

KH_VZW

0 Likes