Camera and gallery pictures
runro

I wasn't able to find somebody else with this problem so I thought I would start here.  For some reason, my phone's camera stopped working.  Whenever I click on the camera icon, it just gives me a black screen.  Worse yet, when I go to the gallery to look for my pictures it tells me there are no images.  I know my camera worked yesterday as I took Christmas pictures with my phone yesterday but now I can't get to them at all.  I am hoping my pictures are still somewhere on my phone.  Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Camera and gallery pictures
susiequilter

My Charge has had intermittent camera problems for the last year and a half since I bought it.  I took it back to the place I bought it while it was still covered under the one year warranty.  They replaced the card in it and it worked again for awhile, until the warranty ran out.  Now it often freezes when I try to access the camera and I have to power down to get out of the frozen screen.  Sometimes I cannot access stored pictures, but they may reappear after I shut it down.  I took the phone back again, but was told it was too bad, to wait for the 24 month contract to be over so that I could upgrade.   It has had charging problems off and on, but now they are getting worse and it suddenly loses all battery power and shuts down and won't recharge when plugged in  This is the worst phone I have ever had!!!  I call it my "dumb smart phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want you to miss out on enjoying those precious memories runro! I would start by removing the battery. Second, please run the device in safe mode to rule out third party app conflict. If the device still doesn't respond, please test the memory card in a different device. Please let us know

http://tiny.cc/fshrqw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
susiequilter

I had already tried removing the battery, which did not correct the camera problem. I just tried the safe mode that you suggested and the camera froze after the first picture, leaving the flash on for an extended period of time and giving a message that the camera had failed. I had to shut down again to get out of the screen.

Any other suggestions?

Susan

0 Likes