Camera issues
kmgilmo

Sometimes when I take a picture on the original camera when I go to view the picture after taking it, it gives my a gray box with a mountian in it. I haven't installed in apps lately that would do anything with the camera. Also sometimes when I try to open the camera a message flashes up saying that the camera wouldn't load. Restarting the phone is only a temp fix and also clearing the data is only temp fix. Anybody have any solutions??

0 Likes
Re: Camera issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kmgilmo! Please confirm that your Droid X has the latest software. Go do Settings> About phone> System version. You should see 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US. If you do not, please go to Settings> About phone> System updates to get the latest. Once done, please try your camera again. Thanks!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

This same thing was happening to mine.  I even did a factory reset and the problem still persisted.  One of the reasons I updated to the Maxx.  I still have my X and would love to use it as a wifi enable device and camera for my son but with the camera issue the way it stand now, that's just not gonna happen.

0 Likes
spooner24

I have had the same issues, both with the camera and with the camcorder. I can confirm that I am running 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US. I went into Verizon store and a customer service rep. glibby informed me I needed to perform a factory reset and an SD card format. I performed the factory reset as well as formatted my SD card as directed. I am still having the same issue, photos and videos may or may not be saved properly to the SD card.

The reliability is embarrassing. If there is any "special" moment that I would like to capture as a photo or in the form of a video, I cannot use this phone because I have no assurance that it will be saved.

0 Likes
PVCamp

I have this same issue and have only found temp fixes.  I am in the process of wiping and rebuilding my phone in hopes that I can take a photo and know it has been saved.  It's definitely software related because if you install other photo type software they never have any issues.  They take and store pictures with no problem.  It's only with the built in camera software.  I have resolved this by emptying my photos and by clearing the cashe but the problem always comes back.  (One item I have not tried is the possibility of a corrupt mini SD card.)

0 Likes