Camera won't work after update
rdewitt

As with everyone else, I go the new update and now my camera doesn't work.  The screen turns black, like it might load, then pretty soon it comes back to the home screen.  No problems before the update, now all troubles - had to take it in the other day because the battery wasn't keeping a charge.  Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Camera won't work after update
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello rdewitt,

I know the camera is a neat feature.  I would like to suggest a few things to attempt for success.  I would first look at the actually camera and observe if you can see the lens or if the shutter looks closed.  If the shutter is open try going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Find Camera app & tap>Clear data & Cache.  Power cycle the device after and retest the camera.  If you still need to move forward I would suggest a factory reset before looking into a replacement.  You can do this reset by navigating to Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything.  Please be sure to back up phone prior this will erase everything on the device.  The phone will prompt your to reactivate after reboot as well.  Please let me know your results so I may further assist if needed.  Thank you.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Are you missing the app drawer also?

0 Likes
rdewitt

Not 100% what you mean the app drawer, but if you mean the button to get to my installed apps, it is still there and works.  I also have other apps that use the camera bulb and it won't work either - that might help someone. 

Ray

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello rdewitt,

I know the camera is a neat feature.  I would like to suggest a few things to attempt for success.  I would first look at the actually camera and observe if you can see the lens or if the shutter looks closed.  If the shutter is open try going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Find Camera app & tap>Clear data & Cache.  Power cycle the device after and retest the camera.  If you still need to move forward I would suggest a factory reset before looking into a replacement.  You can do this reset by navigating to Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything.  Please be sure to back up phone prior this will erase everything on the device.  The phone will prompt your to reactivate after reboot as well.  Please let me know your results so I may further assist if needed.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
rdewitt

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, before I saw your post I took the phone in and they exchanged it with a refurbished one.   I know that in the future, I won't be doing any major updates like this Gingerbread update. 

Ray

0 Likes