Can't recieve texts from iphones
Rajunkjun

I have been having my Droid Ultra for about a month now and I just been notified from friends and family that I have not been receiving their text messages. They all also have iphones. I used to have an iphone with AT&T then switched to Verizon and got my Droid and also had all my contacts transferred over and I kept my same number. I figured out that for me to recieve their text, they have to turn off their imessage completely for me to be able to receive them. It does not automatically switch. They have even tried deleting my contact and re-adding it and still no luck. I don't know what else to try, can somebody help?

0 Likes
Re: Can't recieve texts from iphones
i_miss_my_iphone

i had the same issue.  what worked for me, and hopefully for you, is that my iphone friends still had my number listed in their contacts as an iphone.  Once they changed it to just mobile i started getting their messages.  They also went into their messaging settings and checked the box that says to send a SMS message when imessage is unavailable.  i'm not sure if this is a universal setting or if it can be changed per contact.  i'm not sure which of the above did the trick, maybe the both in tandem, but i haven't had a problem since.  unfortunately, you won't know if there's a problem until you get an angry call from an iphone user whose texts you are "ignoring."  i hope this helps

0 Likes