Can we sync our email to company exchange server in personal data plan
AkshayJ

Hello , 

I have personal data plan ($29.99) . I am just wondering , can I sync my mobile with my company exchange for getting my company email on my mobile.  Do I need to buy business data plan  for my company emails ?

I would appreciate , is someone will let me know about it .

Thanks, 

Akshay

0 Likes
Re: Can we sync our email to company exchange server in personal data plan
Booch

Your personal data plan can sync to corporate e-mails.  I do it with my plan.  However, you need to know some specifics (such as domain name) that you might need from your IT administrator.

0 Likes
AkshayJ

Thank you Booch  for your response. I will inform my company admin to enable syncing mail on my mobile.

0 Likes
rjsavini

I am havinig a problem setting up a corporate accounft on my new charge.

I have ntered all of the account info correctly, but I get an error "setupcould not finish" - unable to connect to server.

Is there something that I am missing?

0 Likes
Booch

I'd just make sure you have the correct information (domain, username, password, and exchange server address).  With the correct information, it works really well.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

It is very convenient to be able to have your work e-mail set up on your phone.

In some cases you are most definitely able to add your company exchange email to your smartphone with the $29.99 data plan instead of  adding the $44.99 data plan.

Many times you will need to check with the IT Dept. at your company first to see if THEY have any restrictions for adding the exchange email on your personal cell phone.

If they don't have any restrictions then you should be able to. If they do have restrictions, you will then need to increase your data plan in order to be provisioned to add the corporate exchange email.

Adding a Corporate account

1. From the Home screen, touch Menu
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Accounts & sync
  4. Tap Add account
  5. Tap Corporate
  6. At the Set up email screen, enter your Email address and Password, then touch Next
  7. At the Exchange Server settings screen, enter server settings (Domain \ Username Password) Exchange Server, then touch Next
    The phone communicates with the server to confirm your account
  8. If needed, check the appropriate SSL settings are enabled, select Next
  9. At the Account options screen, select account settings, then touch Next
  10. At the Set up email screen, enter a name for the account  (this name will display on screen), and enter your name to
    appear on outgoing messages. Touch Done to complete set-up
  11. Your Corporate account appears in the Manage accounts area of the Accounts & sync screen, and in the Email
    application

Managing a Corporate Exchange account

1. From the Home screen, touch Menu
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Accounts & sync
  4. Tap your Corporate account to display settings
  5. Touch Account settings for these settings:
    1. General settings 
      • Account Name
      • Default Account
      • Always Cc/Bcc myself
    2. Exchange Sync settings
      • Amount to synchronize
      • Empty Server Trash
      • Sync Schedule
      • Out of Office settings
      • Size to retrieve emails
      • Security Policies 
    3. Notification Settings settings 
      • Email Notifications
      • Select Ringtone
      • Vibrate
    4. Server settings
      • Exchange server settings
      • Sync email
      • Sync contacts
      • Sync Calendar
    5. Exchange email Signature
      • Add Signature
      • Signature
    6. Common Settings 
      • Confirm Email Delete
0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks community for your responses!

rjsavini,

This error message sounds like the phone is not recognizing some of the settings from the exchange server. It could be the exchange server name or the security settings. I would recommend checking with your IT department to verify all the settings are correct. 

0 Likes
schwarem

I am having a similar problem with "Unable to Connect."  My settings are correct, because after not getting the built in client working, I downloaded the Touchdown App to see if it was me or the email client.  The same settings worked fine in the Touchdown app, so there is an issue with the built in email client.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello schwarem,

I'm happy to hear that you found a 3rd party app that works for you. The stock app has been design to differentiate POP3 & IMAP emails from Microsoft exchange emails. This is why there is a price difference between the two data packages. The $44.99 support the exchange email settings so company emails can be delivered to handheld devices. 

In some cases, the company's IT dept can setup work email with a POP3 option directly on the server. If the company's IT dept has this option available then you can receive work email on your device while having the $29.99 data package and using the stock app. I hope that this clarifies any concerns.

Thank you...

0 Likes
jedece

I'm having some issues, as well. Everything appears to be going as planned, but I get a notice that asks for me to "Activate device administrator". It wants me to allow my employer's server to remotely control some security features of my phone. If I go ahead and activate, how much access to my personal phone will my employer have? Will this erase any of my settings I already have on my phone?

Thank you!

0 Likes