Cannot receive calls
nindo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok this started with my droid 1 and for some reason last week I cannot receive calls.  Text messages and emails are fine and I can make calls but if someone calls me it goes right to VM.  I tried the *920 and *720 from verizons wonderful support section and it did not work.  I checked my account to make sure i did not select call blocking or anything like that.  I have full 3g and 4 bars I checked my connection settings and everything is working great.  I even bought a brand new HTZ rezound thinking maybe the phone was just broke somehow and it still does the same thing.

I brought it to the verizon store and both sales reps had no idea what was wrong with it.  They checked everything and said it was fine but I cannot receive any calls.  Any help would be great

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot receive calls
nindo
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks for the response.  I have already tried everything you recommend.  I live in NY, my old phone prior to the droid is non existent and I would have no idea that I was even getting a call.  I had all the same notifications that I had previously.  I nor 2 employees at the verizon store could find anything wrong

I Call VZW for like the 5th time and the rep i spoke to was able to figure out that there was an error in the network some place and my calls were being blocked for some reason at the highest level but she was able to fix it for me so everything is working again

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello nindo,

Thank you for providing such detailed information on your efforts to resolve your inability to receive calls. There are some additional questions that I would like to ask to get a better understanding of the issue. Please see below:

• What notification are you getting on the device when someone calls and doesn't get a hold of you?
  • Did you have a different make & model device prior to the Motorola Droid and is it  powered off?
  • What city and state are you in?

I would also like to provide a few troubleshooting steps for you to try on your device. They are as follows:

1. Dial *73 and send to disable call forwarding.
  2. Remove the battery from the device while it's powered on and reinsert to device then power up.
  3. Confirm that Usage Controls isn't setup on the device or the account.

4. Update or preferred roaming list by calling *228 and send. Select option 2 when the automated voice prompts to do so.

Once the steps above have been performed, please retest the ability to receive calls on the device. Also, please post your findings on this forum as I am eager to know if the issue is resolved. If you have any additional concerns then feel free to reply with them as well.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
nindo
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks for the response.  I have already tried everything you recommend.  I live in NY, my old phone prior to the droid is non existent and I would have no idea that I was even getting a call.  I had all the same notifications that I had previously.  I nor 2 employees at the verizon store could find anything wrong

I Call VZW for like the 5th time and the rep i spoke to was able to figure out that there was an error in the network some place and my calls were being blocked for some reason at the highest level but she was able to fix it for me so everything is working again

0 Likes