Charge GB update removed clear notifications button & keyboard issues
warzol

Hey all,

I updated to Gingerbread the other day and overall is a good upgrade for me, but a couple of weird issues. My most annoying one being that I no longer seem to have a "clear" button in my notifcations bar/tray. Only way to clear them is to action whatever is in it. Anyone else have this or know if there is a way to fix it?

Also, I seem to have a lot more issues with the messaging keyboard. Likes to freeze once in a while and speech recognition can't connect a lot of times. Wondering if anyone else has come across these issues as well. Obviously if anyone knows how to fix that is appreciated as well!

As an FYI, my battery life has been about the same as before, maybe slightly better. It still drains when it has connection issues, but have found that JuiceDefender works better than it did on 2.2. Although I still have issues with it as well.

0 Likes
Re: Charge GB update removed clear notifications button & keyboard issues
xer0

It's there. I thought it was gone too???

0 Likes
JstOneMoreDroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a clear button...

0 Likes
xer0

the color just changed to that funky brown

0 Likes
warzol

Nope, mine is gone. Should be next to the verizon wireless in the brown, but nothing there. Very weird!

0 Likes
mesocyclonic

Does it show up when you have a clearable notification?

The clear button on my Charge is hidden when there are no notifications, but if something that can be cleared shows up (such as a text message), the clear button appears.

0 Likes
curtisdr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought there was a Clear and Clear All, before, and now threre's just a Clear button.  There's no way to clear voice mail notifications now without calling in to get your VM.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
To clear anything on mine, I just press clear and it clears it off. Eventually the vm notification comes back if I don't listen to it.
0 Likes