Confirm delete for inbox
eric12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I can't seem to figure out  a way to enable confirm deletion for email message in my inbox. I also have a gmail account and it seems that the google mail app does support confirm deletion. How do you set this in the regular inbox.

thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Confirm delete for inbox
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

With the Gmail application, there is not a setting for a confirm deletion notification.   There are 3rd party email applications that you can download  that will allow that option. 

0 Likes
eric12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Noah - Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if this feature is on the roadmap for the phone? I would hate to have to install a 3rd party application just for confirm deletion from the inbox.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try these steps:

1. Open an application.

2. Press Menu.

3. Select Options.

4. Select General Options.

5. Change the Confirm Deleteto Yes.

6. Press Menu.

7. Select Save.

This should turn the prompt on.

If the feature is still not active make sure you have downloaded the latest BlackBerry OS.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser' s address bar for more information. 

http://us.blackberry.com/update/

0 Likes
eric12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Noah -

My phone is a Driod X (i am writing this under the droid x fourm), sorry i didn't state that in my initial email.

I dont have the option "confirm delete" under the standard inbox for the phone.

thanks - any thoughts?

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

The Default Gmail Application does not support that feature.. 

0 Likes
eric12
Enthusiast - Level 1

ok let me try this again...

The GMAIL application supports "confirm delete" (I mentioned that as a comparison)

my question is

Does the native inbox where corporate email gets sync to supports "confirm delete"?

If not today is this a roadmap release, if so when?

Thanks,

0 Likes
LEOWIN22

Eric12,

For the Droid MAXX 2, (7 years late), but to enable "Confirm before deleting"...Go to apps, select email, select general settings which is above your accounts.  You should see the selection box at the bottom of the screen.

0 Likes