Connecting to desktop
Gemmi

I want to connect my phone to my computer to transfer videos.  But when I plugged the phone in,my computer says it cannot read it.  Is there software I need to download first or something?

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to desktop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Friday Gemmi,

I'm glad to see that you are interested in archiving your media to your computer. It's a great way to ensure that your pictures and videos are safe and secure. May I ask what operating system do you have on your computer? If you are using a Windows based computer then I would suggest checking for any driver conflicts when the device is plugged in. As you check this on your computer, please keep us posted just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gemmi

I'm on Windows XP.  On the phone, I changed the USB computer connection to Camera (PTP), which allowed me to download pictures and videos, but while the pics are fine, the videos won't play.  My computer suggested I download a codec, which I did, but that hasn't worked either.  I'm not sure what a codec is.  I'm guessing my computer is operating on older software than my phone, but I'm not sure what else I might need to download to make it connect properly...

At one point, I got an Error 80004005.  That was before I downloaded the codec, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional detail, Gemmi.It sounds like you have done quite a bit thus far.  Are you trying to transfer your own personal videos? Are you following the steps listed here http://vz.to/1it49IC

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gemmi

Thanks, but those directions don't work.  My computer doesn't show a "Portable Device" section, and although I opened just about every file, it doesn't seem to be recognizing the phone as an entity at all unless I connect as a camera (PTP).  But then I can't download the videos.  Just pictures.

Is it because I'm using Windows XP??  Is there some update I need to do so it can recognize this new phone???

0 Likes
Not applicable

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38364/~/droid---transfer-files-t...  This article will not pertain to your device, but there are programs that can be obtained From Motorola that may assist you in getting the phone recognized.  Your device has no SD card so your files are on phone storage only. In any case at the motorolasite you can view the downloads and support documentation for the Droid Mini.  Good Luck

0 Likes