Contact Ringtones not working
gratfuldead69

Does anyone else have this problem? All the downloaded ringtones wind up in my "music" file not in the default ringtone list. When I go into the music file and find the tone and say attach to contact, it says it did but when they call only the default ringer works. Also when you go into the contacts link it does shows the name of the ringtone I chose, but it is not in the list and nev

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contact Ringtones not working
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

gratfuldead69 wrote:

Does anyone else have this problem? All the downloaded ringtones wind up in my "music" file not in the default ringtone list. When I go into the music file and find the tone and say attach to contact, it says it did but when they call only the default ringer works. Also when you go into the contacts link it does shows the name of the ringtone I chose, but it is not in the list and nev

I had the same problem.  I even returned my phone and got a new one because we thought it was the phone.  VZW even placed a call to HTC with me on the line, and they had not heard of the issue either and suggested either repairing or replacing the phone.

What it turned out to be was an app killer I had installed on the phone.  I forget which one, but its icon is the little green android figure with the red X next to it.  Once I uninstalled the app killer, removed the battery from my phone and then rebooted it, I have had no further problems with my ring tones not working.

In the end, I bought the extended battery (3150) from www.seidioonline.com and now do not even need an app killer.

Hope this helps ...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

gratfuldead69 wrote:

I had the same problem.  I even returned my phone and got a new one because we thought it was the phone.  VZW even placed a call to HTC with me on the line, and they had not heard of the issue either and suggested either repairing or replacing the phone.

What it turned out to be was an app killer I had installed on the phone.  I forget which one, but its icon is the little green android figure with the red X next to it.  Once I uninstalled the app killer, removed the battery from my phone and then rebooted it, I have had no further problems with my ring tones not working.

In the end, I bought the extended battery (3150) from www.seidioonline.com and now do not even need an app killer.

Hope this helps ...

0 Likes
gratfuldead69

Thank you very much for your response. Once I did what you said, the ringtones worked immediatly. One question though, I do have the extended battery and I'm not having much of an issue, but I see all over the boards that people use the Advanced Task Killer. Has this app been a problem in blocking ringtones/contact ringtrones? Do you need to use it, or continue without?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

gratfuldead69 wrote:

Thank you very much for your response. Once I did what you said, the ringtones worked immediatly. One question though, I do have the extended battery and I'm not having much of an issue, but I see all over the boards that people use the Advanced Task Killer. Has this app been a problem in blocking ringtones/contact ringtrones? Do you need to use it, or continue without?

Thanks again.

I bought the Seidio 3500 extended battery.  I get almost an entire week out of a single charge (but I am a light to moderate user of the phone).  So, I completely removed the task killer that I was using, and I have had no problems with running out of memory on the phone or the battery time running short.

Now ... it they would just fix the random reboots and the garbled calls!

0 Likes