Contact specific ringtones?
alocksley

Just got my DroidX and I'm very pleased, coming from the Blackberry Storm (1) which was a headache.

However the Storm did one thing that was great that I haven't found on the "X", and perhaps it's not a feature:  Is it possible to assign a different ringtone for phone and/or text messages to specific contacts?  Is it possible to have more than one ringtone for all SMS and one ringtone for all calls?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contact specific ringtones?
telili
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to assign contact specific ringtones without downloading any additional apps. 

From your contact list choose edit-->scroll down the the "Additional Info" and click on the arrow. In here is where you would assign a specific ring tone for that contact.

I don't know if you were able to add your own ringtones and notification ring tones to your Dx (other than stock).  You would have to create a specific folder on your memory card.  One for Ringtones the other for Notifications.  Then you are able to customize it other than what is preloaded.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Yes. Download the app called Ringo Lite.You can assign a ringtone to each contact or a text ringtone to each contact.

0 Likes
telili
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to assign contact specific ringtones without downloading any additional apps. 

From your contact list choose edit-->scroll down the the "Additional Info" and click on the arrow. In here is where you would assign a specific ring tone for that contact.

I don't know if you were able to add your own ringtones and notification ring tones to your Dx (other than stock).  You would have to create a specific folder on your memory card.  One for Ringtones the other for Notifications.  Then you are able to customize it other than what is preloaded.

0 Likes
alocksley

aha!! Perfect.  Thanks!!!

Is it also possible to have a seperate, non-contact specific ringtone for phone and a different ringtone for text messages?

What I'm going for is

Phone: ringtone1 unless overridden by contact specific ringtone

Text": different ringtone from phone unless overridden by contact specific text ringtone.

Thanks again.

0 Likes