Contacts not sync ing(?) to Google/gmail ?
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

Droid inc with 2.2 . My phone contacts won't  sync  in Google contacts. My calendar is in Google/gmail and sync's fine. I used backup assistant on my env touch (previous phone) so I use backup assistant on the incredible. Some Verizon techs say there's a compatibility issue between backup assist and Google/gmail contacts and some say there isn't. I'm not that concerned because all my  contacts are saved/backed up in backup assist. But it would be nice to get this corrected. ANY advice would be VERY appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts not sync ing(?) to Google/gmail ?
markiss777

well i simply went to the "people" the app and tapped menu, then i hit export to sd card and and hit "phone", and after that go back and click "import" from sd card and tap your  "gmail" account........hope this helps:robotvery-happy:

0 Likes
Re: Contacts not sync ing(?) to Google/gmail ?
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1
I imported phone contacts via a csv file which worked fine to gmail acct . The next day, my phone contacts doubled. Verizon customer service said either factory reset (not an option) or manually delete the doubled contacts which I did. When I then checked my gmail contacts, 400 of the 600 or so contacts were now gone. Any help..... plz.... tks....
0 Likes