Continued issues with droid charge, Verizon not of any help
pjryandos

Another week, one day I spent 87 minutes on the phone with Verizon Wireless. Many visits to the store, many other long phone calls.  Poor customer service, the Samsung Charge has been replaced again, same problems.  Many people have admitted these problems, from store associates to managers, yet when I speak with Verizon they will not move us out of this phone into something that works, only to lesser, older phones available, some I can't even find on the site.   We are not the only people having problems with this phone and no one will accept the failures that continue to happen with this Samsung Charge.  We have had LG, Motorolla, etc.  My iPhone doesn't give me one bit of problem, nor have our other phones, just this one.  I would think after being loyal customers that they would be more willing to help.  I have only had one supervisor that actually was helpful, as much as he was allowed.  Another supervisor was down right rude, his manager was to call me within 72 hours and has still not called me.  I think we will be foreced to switch carriers and never purchase another Samsung phone product.

0 Likes
Re: Continued issues with droid charge, Verizon not of any help
NegroMalo

I too continue to have issues with this phona dn i have had similar success with Verizon.  I am on my 4th charge.

0 Likes
cowgirlbellydancer
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the problem with the phone? Other than a myverizon log in issue, I haven't had the first problem with mine, however my husband has had his replaced twice and it ended up being sim card issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pjryandos!

I can certainly understand the value of having a reliable and fully operational phone! As your wireless provider, we are committed to ensuring that your device & service is working. As cowgirlbellydancer stated, may I ask what is wrong with your Droid Charge? Are you not able to make and receive calls? I'm sure that we can partner together and resolve the issue that you are experiencing.

As far as a replacement device options, the warranty specifically states that the same make and model device is to be sent in exchange for the device that has been deemed faulty. Although having a device replaced multiple times can be a bit frustrating, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer, Samsung, to explore additional options beyond the device  warranty. Once you advise me and the community of the issue that you are having then I can better fit the proper solution to your concern.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tlangford

I'm not the original poster but found this post while trying to find a solution to my problem.  My problem is the contacts and everything related to them but most importantly, syncing with Microsoft Outlook. 

1)  When I add a contact directly to my phone and mark it as a phone contact and save, it stays on the phone for a few days and then all the "phone" contacts just disappear.  I reinstall them and they disappear again, after another few days.  So, I tried installing them as Corporate contacts and they stayed longer.  Then I started having a different problem.

2)  My corporate contacts are set to sync automatically every day.  Most days the phone is okay but after another few days, I'll look and my contacts have loaded again, the exact same contact is now on my phone twice.  I went to the store and the guy said to just delete the second contact from the phone.  Really, that was his response.  I didn't think it would do much good but I followed his advise.  Everything was fine for a few days...then,

3)  My corporate contacts synced two, three and even four times...the same contact on my phone.  Knowing the guy at the store would just tell me to delete the extra's, I did and guess what...I have the contacts on my phone but they are no longer in my Microsoft Outlook contacts list.  Deleted from Outlook.  I can't get them to sync back to Outlook again. 

If I can get the contacts to reload on Microsoft Outlook, I'll disable the sync program but geezzzeeeee.  I do not want to retype more than 2000 contacts back into Outlook. 

What do I do?

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

check your sync settings under "accounts & sync"

for me, I just use google to sync my contacts (uncheck everything else including SIM card, phone, etc.)  never had a problem after syncing all contacts with google.

hope this helps.

0 Likes
Unhappy_with_Droid_Ch

First of all I have been a verizon customer for 7-8 years now and I dont replace phones unless they stop working. I signed a new two year contract when I got the Charge in March and now I'm on my third replacement now for the Charge...it is absolutely horrendous!! Customer service reps refuse to help replace the phone with another model. I have only had the phone since March and it has already been replaced 3 times now!! The original one randomly rebooted, the replacement had the screeching noise issue that many have reported, on the next replacement applications hang up and phone shuts down and will not start back up unless I take the battery out and put it back in. Called vzw customer support and talked to a couple of Managers for two hours and they refused to replace the Charge with a better phone. I even said I'm willing to pay a little bit to upgrade - their solution was to pay either $350 for a USED iPhone or $370 for a USED Razr or buy one phone at retail price ranging $500 - $700!! I can cancel the contract and pay $320 and it would cost me less. Customer service is non-existent. After nearly 3 hours of speaking with them last night, they are now sending me another Charge, this will be my fourth one in four months. If this one does not work, I'm reporting Verizon the BBB for predatory practices - tying customers in a contract for crappy devices and refusing to provide any reasonable solutions. And I would rather pay the cancellation fee than stay with a company that absolutely refuses to take care of its customers.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

i've heard of success stories too... sometimes if you have to keep calling and get the right rep.

0 Likes
clpark62

You should not have to keep calling to get the right rep to fix the problem - Verizons customer service has become as bad as AT&T and Sprint.  Doesnt matter if you call or go to a store. And it does not help that Verizon now nickels and dimes you on everything - they obviously takening lessons from AT&T. 

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

you get the same experiences with any company (cable providers, car companies, credit card companies, etc.)

0 Likes