Couldn't get it done. No DroidX for me.
bwframe

I tried to upgrade to the DroidX online. MyVerizon read eligible for upgrade "8.23.10" No way to get it done online.

I called CS. I spoke with a very nice, yet seemingly uninformed agent.

First off, it was stated I wasn't eligible, but they could make a special exception for me to upgrade. Then, the instant vs mail in rebate issue turned into a stopper. No, I was not going to do the mail in when others did not have to.  I thanked the agent for his time, asking him to note my requests in his call log.

The CS agent soon called me back. Apologetically, he stated with further investigation it was found I could get the instant rebate. Great; back on track! Then comes the one year contract issue. Even though the Verizon site sells the DroidX at a one year contract price, the agent could not sell anything other than a two year contract. He mentioned that I would have to wait for my eligibility date to order the DroidX with a one year contract online.

Same drill again, "Thank you sir. Please note our conversation in your log."

Guess I'll wait a few weeks and see if the DroidX still has my interest then.:smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
Re: Couldn't get it done. No DroidX for me.
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Why not do the 2 year contract? They got annual upgrade programs and he cancellation feel is prorated. If they are willing to make an exception I say go for it.
0 Likes
bwframe

I got bit by a two year contract years ago. After a year, much better calling plans and phone technology abounded and I was marooned.

Although I often keep the same phone and contract for years, I'll pay more to not be locked in. We wouldn't be having this conversation if I'd have signed a two year contract when I bought the original Droid.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
chaimmh

i cant help but laughing. I have the same situation. except I wasted my time at the store. 

see my post: http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Verizon-Store-Refuses-to-sell-me-Droid-X-with-one-ye...

0 Likes
bwframe

It would have been nice for both of us to have known this up front.

Time is $. Time wasted is double $.

0 Likes
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like you got further than I did....   I went to the store.  My New every 2 is up on 7-25.  They wouldn't even move mine up 10 days.  And I WAS willing to sign a two year contract and didn't know I could ask for the instant rebate!  I was pretty upset that they wouldn't be flexible for a long term customer for 10 days!!!   Now that I know they would have been flexible for about 40 days AND give the instant rebate on top of that,  I am REALLY upset!!!   And on top of that,  the sales rep told me that by then the Droid X would be out of stock and he wouldn't know when they would be available again.  That made me feel like he was pressuring me to pay that extra $50 so I didn't miss out on the phone.  At this point,  I wouldn't pay $0.50 extra just out of principle!!!

0 Likes