Customer Service Nightmare
mebert

I have had my droid X for 4 months, and have nothing but problems. The first phone I received had lines of dead pixels as soon as I got it. You would think that this would be an easy issue to fix. WRONG. I went to 3 different Verizon flagship stores and I was told at all of them they would not help me. After that I called customer support, and after a week of arguiring with them they finally decided to replace the phone. 

Now on the the second phone. Right out the box I have plenty of probnlems. I do not receive 1/2 of the phone calls and text messages that are sent to me. After 3 or 4 calls they provide a temporary fix. All the reps told me honestly they had no idea what was going on, but they would not give me a new phone. After suggesting a factory reset the phone calmed down for awhile. 

Now I sit here now 4 months later disguisted with customer serive. About 2 months ago my phone statrted to power cycle 4 to 5 times daily, and I started to not reveice my messages and phone calls again. Now I have over 200 apps on my phone at this point and while I do not use them all, Im sure most of you know getting them back, or at least the ones I use most would be a pain in the backside. Well After a month and a half of calling them there was only one solution, Factory Reset. I told them I was not doing it until I backup my apps. The first 10 people I call say in order to backup your apps you would have to write them down by hand and redownload them.....What? Write down 200 apps and redownload them???? That would take ages. Finally the last rep gave me a solution to back up my apps. I used it and went for the factory reset, and poof everything gone. Somehow my memory card became corrupted during the reset and I lost all my apps, pictures, vidoes ,ringotnes, music, and so on. On top of that my phone still has problems and they said there is nothing else they can do. They insulted me with a 10 dollar bill credit. This has been the worst experience of my life. I hate Verizon. Anyone else experiencing similar isues? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customer Service Nightmare
Wildman
Legend

mebert wrote:

How much is that backup software?

4.99 on Market

Does it save application information as well or just the app itself?

It save some application data but not all because of the Androids restictions to personal data for security reasons.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

My suggestion is to invest into My Backup from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro&feature=search_result to backup and restore apps to make things simple....   

Now as for the sd card, by chance could you have selected the option that instructed the hard reset to include the sd card, I have seen a number of users go through the hard reset option to fast and misread this option and checked it in reset option.

0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

mebert wrote:

I have had my droid X for 4 months, and have nothing but problems. The first phone I received had lines of dead pixels as soon as I got it. You would think that this would be an easy issue to fix. WRONG. I went to 3 different Verizon flagship stores and I was told at all of them they would not help me. After that I called customer support, and after a week of arguiring with them they finally decided to replace the phone. 

Now on the the second phone. Right out the box I have plenty of probnlems. I do not receive 1/2 of the phone calls and text messages that are sent to me. After 3 or 4 calls they provide a temporary fix. All the reps told me honestly they had no idea what was going on, but they would not give me a new phone. After suggesting a factory reset the phone calmed down for awhile. 

Now I sit here now 4 months later disguisted with customer serive. About 2 months ago my phone statrted to power cycle 4 to 5 times daily, and I started to not reveice my messages and phone calls again. Now I have over 200 apps on my phone at this point and while I do not use them all, Im sure most of you know getting them back, or at least the ones I use most would be a pain in the backside. Well After a month and a half of calling them there was only one solution, Factory Reset. I told them I was not doing it until I backup my apps. The first 10 people I call say in order to backup your apps you would have to write them down by hand and redownload them.....What? Write down 200 apps and redownload them???? That would take ages. Finally the last rep gave me a solution to back up my apps. I used it and went for the factory reset, and poof everything gone. Somehow my memory card became corrupted during the reset and I lost all my apps, pictures, vidoes ,ringotnes, music, and so on. On top of that my phone still has problems and they said there is nothing else they can do. They insulted me with a 10 dollar bill credit. This has been the worst experience of my life. I hate Verizon. Anyone else experiencing similar isues? 

yeah their support leaves alot to be desired - my micro SD card just corrupted last week and they were somewhat rude about helping me with it. Atleast the person on the phone was nice about it, but the corporate store treated me like complete crap. They didn't even let me finish explaining the problem I had, but rather they cut me off as soon as they heard SD card and immediately told me to go call Motorola for help. I raised my voice yes, but what was more amazing that no other employee in that store came over to try and help and work with me, but rather just ignore it.

I'd expect poor customer service like what you have experienced and I had dealt with last week from AT&T, but lately Verizon makes AT&T look like the king of customer service. I broke down and bought another SD card of my own but they do a good job of acting like you don't know anything and they can do what they want. I've had quite a few times where I've had issues and they've flat out told me in the store that nothing can be done, that I MUST factory reset my phone and didn't care if you lost data on the phone. They did do a reset once before I even told them whether I agreed with it or not. Thankfully I didn't lose anything, but they don't care.

I still have a year or so left on my contract so as long as nothing goes wrong between now and then, I have enough time to decide whether I want to stick with them or not

0 Likes
mebert

I knew that there was an option to format the sd card too but I was extremly careful to not mess it up. I had a rep walk me through it just to be safe.

0 Likes
mebert

I am almost positive I will be switching back to ATT. Their service sucked but it was not nearly as bad as this. How much is that backup software? Does it save application information as well or just the app itself?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

mebert wrote:

How much is that backup software?

4.99 on Market

Does it save application information as well or just the app itself?

It save some application data but not all because of the Androids restictions to personal data for security reasons.

0 Likes
mebert

Thank you. I will definately have to use this so I do not get screwed bust customer service next time. 

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2
Instore service is poor because these employees work on sales and commission they have no reason to help unless you wanna buy something. As far as calling in I have never had an issue aside from holding on the line and switching from reps to techs. Never had an issue replacing a device and I've gone through 8 DROID x's 2 batteries and most recently they sent me the x2 as a solution with a new battery back panel and charger. As for resets I learned all I lose is old texts and appear I don't use because if I did I would remember them when restoring it would be nice to see a feature like amazon used that saves all the appear you just have to reinstall them.
0 Likes