Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DROID 2 TRYING TO TEXT END UP IN ANOTHER APP.
Farmerbill

On my droid 2 I slide my keyboard out and proceed to text, it will all of a sudden shoot me over to another app or to my music. When I close my keyboard and use the touch screen I have no issues??? Also about once a month I have to shut it down and power back on to get my phone calls??

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: DROID 2 TRYING TO TEXT END UP IN ANOTHER APP.
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It sounds like you have some quick keys setup on the physical keyboard. I think looking in the language and keyboard section of the settings will be a setting to turn the quick keys off. I'm not positive though.

As for your phone calls, when was the last time you reprogrammed the phone to the Verizon Wireless network? Dial *228, option 1 to reset your connection with the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello to you Farmerbill!

We don't want a possessed phone! Let's get the ghosts out together!

Thank you for the details, we know the difficulties are definitely tied to the physical keyboard. Ann provided some good information!  If you visit Settings > Language & Keyboard > Try choosing a different keyboard instead of multi-touch.

Now having to power off & on your phone to get calls, that's no where near normal!

Do you happen to have any Task Killers, Antiviruses, or Battery Saver applications? If so I would definitely remove them and reboot!

These applications are known to cause system instability with your operating system

Let me know how this works out!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
brookysmom

Mine does this often I just have to turn it off and start if back up to get it to act right, Have you tried that when this happens? I know you mentioned that you have to restart it once a month  and i tend to not restart as well  which is why i asked.

0 Likes
mrselkins

Its Quick Launches. I did a factory reboot about 2 months ago and they just set themselves up. Go into settings>Applications>quick launch. check to see which letters have apps assigned. If you hold down the ones that are assigned it will unassign the letter and you will be able to text with your keyboard again. This just happened to me yesterday.

0 Likes