DROID Bionic No Data Connection
dejohnson84

I'm in western NY, i've had the droid bionic for 5 days. It's worked fine up until this point and now i have No Data Connectivity.  Anyone else having the same issue today, i have no time to call Customer Service.

0 Likes
Re: DROID Bionic No Data Connection
debonu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes in Southern Vermont, since yesterday afternoon.  I called support this morning and the only thing they told me was it is being worked on.  Several hours later still nothing.

0 Likes
mn10731

I'm having the same data connection issues in central Ohio.  No LTE or 3G available where it normally is OK.  Not sure if it is related but on Sunday evening neither my daughter nor I could not receive photo attachments through normal texting either.  It would say something like "data not available".

0 Likes
zr500rider

I have had the same issue on and off since i got the phone 3 weeks ago. I thought it was just me. Im in Northern NY

0 Likes
ascii

This is an issue with the Bionic in general. An update to fix this (among other things) is rumored to be coming in November.

0 Likes
chirotor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had same problem come up on the 16th after owning the phone since it was released.  Two things I did that worked or was coincidence was to take out the battery and press the on/off button for 30 seconds, then reboot.  Tech support had me go to settings/battery & data manager/data delivery and check data roaming.  I have been good since. There are other postings by vzw people that they are working on this.  I just hope it's a software or network issue, not hardware.

0 Likes
chirotor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, my connection just blipped out so you can basically ignore my previous post.  We just keep yelling until they fix it I guess.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

zr500rider wrote:

I have had the same issue on and off since I got the phone 3 weeks ago. I thought it was just me. Im in Northern NY

Thanks for posting zr500rider!

Sorry you are having problems with the data connection on your DROID BIONIC!

Our Product Support Team are aware of this issue, and are working diligently to provide our customers a permanent fix.  In the meantime, a workaround would be to either power cycle the device or you can enable and disable airplane mode to restore the data connection.

I trust I have addressed your concerns.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I have done that at times and sometimes it immediately works but then sometimes it doesent work as quickly. Sometimes after I go into ap mode and out it takes 5 min for it to go to 3g or something never 1x. Its 3g - 4g or nothing with little x on top of the bars and sometimes a triangle above. It happens les when u power it off compared to shutting off network. What's the difference between airplane and shutting off network?
0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

RETURN IT...let someone be saved! It can't be fixed.

0 Likes