DROID2 Global not recognizing SD card after update 2.3.3
lexluther59

Ever since my phone updated it does not recognize the SD card. Which makes the phone completely useless. If you go to settings/storage under total space and available space it says unavailable. If you go into apps open Files choose SD card it says "Please insert memory card." I have tried every suggestion that I could find on the web to fix this problem. I removed the card reinserted it, I have put in another SD card, I have reset to the factory settings, I have cleared the cache and have done a hard reset. I can't format the card because it doesn't see a card. I have checked the card in my computer it is perfectly operational. I tried formatting the card in my computer this does not work either. I have installed different apps like SD card managers nothing. It makes the phone useless, I can not use the camera or anything that stores to the card, apps that use the card won't work of they won't install. Also because of resetting the phone to try to fix the problem any of the apps I had on the phone are lost. The phone works great now you set it on top of a stack of papers they will not move no matter how much wind there is, that is about all it is good for anymore.

0 Likes
Re: DROID2 Global not recognizing SD card after update 2.3.3
jitter_bug_2002

I am having the same problem with mine, my pictures and sounds will randomly just disappear and when I try to update my apps it tells me it can't update because the SD card isn't in the phone so I usually just unmount and remount the SD card and it works for a little while and then goes haywire again. 

0 Likes
lexluther59

Taking the card out and putting it back in does not work either. From the first time it restarted after the update it has never recognized the card.

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello lexluther59,

I apologize for the delayed response.  I would like to make sure you have a working device that is capable of reading the memory card. As you stated, you have tried many troubleshooting steps with no resolution. If the concern is still ongoing feel free to PM me your name and cell number and we can work to provide a solution to this. I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
jarslan

Which class is the SD card?  Level 2 or Level 4?

0 Likes
Garys15

I amhaving the same problem. Nothing works on the sd card, it is unrecognized.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you checked the menu under Settings / Storage / Do you see Unmount or Mount SD Card as a option because it should say "unmount SD Card" when card is accessible.

screenshot_0410132812.png

0 Likes
Sambagirl

Lexluther - did you ever get a resolution of the issue?  I'm now facing the same problem and none of the troubleshooting efforts have fixed it. 

What I don't understand is why my phone still has memory of my personal background photo and the cover photo for the gallery, but doesn't see the SD card at all or any image files on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's unusual behavior for the Droid 2 Global with the latest software Sambagirl! I would be concerned if my device was responding this way as well! Have you tried using the card in a different device? Is the content readable? If so, I recommend testing in safe mode on the Droid 2 Global. If it still behaves the same way, completing a hard reset would be the next step now that the new software is active and loaded.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

http://tiny.cc/pa9bmw

http://tiny.cc/968bmw

0 Likes
Jackieeli

Hello, Yes I seem to have that same problem with my phone.. I still have my background photos and some of my contacts as well, but my music, and pictures are all gone.. I dont understand what you mean by hard reset?? So if you can please help me.. Usually this problems happen when my phone needs an upgrade, but it was never this bad, It usually just runs out of battery more than usual. Please HELP..

0 Likes