Data Issues & Would you trade for an iPhone?
tisha47

I just upgraded my original Moto Droid for the Bionic 2 weeks ago. I had debated heavily weather to go for iPhone 4s or Bionic, but decided to stick with Android and go with the Bionic. Now I regret that decision.

Like others, I have horrible data connectivity issues with this phone. I like the phone itself, and when connected it's fast, but it completely defeats the purpose of having 4G when you get no data whatsoever and have to toggle things to try to get it to work. The worst experience with it was definitely on the 28th, when I understand there was an outage, but I've had the issue at other times too. I've found myself using the phone in CDMA Only mode most of the time (I only get 1 bar of 4G at my house anyway), and that does improve my data connection, but I have still had the no data issue at times. It is very frustrating.

I am still within my return period and seriously considering returning the Bionic and getting iPhone 4s instead. Would you?

0 Likes
Re: Data Issues & Would you trade for an iPhone?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

return period is 14 days

0 Likes
tisha47

I got the phone from Amazon, which has a 30 day return period for phones. Plus today is day 14.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

aahh, that does make a diff

the 14days is a verizon standard

wonder if they will still reset your contract if you do it after 14days for amazon

wierd

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

return period is 14 days

Actually, Verizon relaxed the return period for items purchased from Nov 15 thru Dec 28. For purchases made within that time frame, you have until Jan 15 for a return. Not sure if that applies to Amazon, though.

As to switching from android to iOS, you are going to get diehards each way. The opinion which will matter most is that of the OP. I think both platforms are just fine.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

return period is 14 days

Actually, Verizon relaxed the return period for items purchased from Nov 15 thru Dec 28. For purchases made within that time frame, you have until Jan 15 for a return. Not sure if that applies to Amazon, though.

As to switching from android to iOS, you are going to get diehards each way. The opinion which will matter most is that of the OP. I think both platforms are just fine.

aaahhh, didnt know  about the change in the return period

so as rcschnoor, if the iphone is right for you go for it

0 Likes
tisha47

Thanks for the response. I understand that the phones and operating systems differ, and that users of each are diehards. I've never used an iPhone, and loved my experience with Android on my Motorola Droid. I ended up choosing Bionic because of some benefits of Android, such as turn by turn navigation.

However, what I'm asking is whether it might be a good idea to switch back to a 3G only phone while Verizon figures out their 4G network. Or whether I should stick with a 4G capable phone and put up with data issues in the meantime. I tend to keep my phones for the full 2 years, so I don't want to regret my decision either way later. If these data issues continue on my Bionic, I'd be sure to regret it later.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

In MY opinion, I wouldn't hesitate on getting a 4G phone. I am actually trying to decide if I should get a new Galaxy Nexus with my last annual upgrade or wait until my last NE2 to decide between an android or an iPhone if the next generation is 4G.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i'm still on the fence about 4g. my droid x has been flawless for over 1 year.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

bearone21 wrote:

i'm still on the fence about 4g. my droid x has been flawless for over 1 year.

As has mine, which is why I haven't already upgraded when I have 2 upgrades available.

0 Likes