Default puzzle screen missing
Spain

A pop up screen showed on my Droid Charge today that said I needed
to update.  I chose to update.   Now I cannot set my phone back to the default screen
lock puzzle piece.  It does not show up under the display settings. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Default puzzle screen missing
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

No suggestions.  It is gone.  The update removed it probably because a lot of people had problems with it as it would not unlock to let them answer their phones or see a text.  I had this issue.  If I would get a call about half the time no matter what I could not unlock with the puzzle.  Now since the update I have not had the problem with the new unlock screen.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

It may also be aside from the issues people were having unlocking...that they are getting us ready for some ICS love in the future, the lock screen is ICS-esk Heres to wishing!!

0 Likes
SnyperWolff

The new unlock is lame and in fact seems to have more problems answering my calls than the puzzle did. Not to mention it was an overall theme to the phone and looked good. Now it's just a lame padlock in a circle. It's just plain ugly. I'm very unhappy with the new change and something better looking needs to show up fast. Taking away features isn't a very good business model, now is it?

0 Likes
justin6297
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. The screen can be unlocked by touching anywhere on the screen and sliding your finger in any direction. I find it unlocking by itself when I remove the phone from my pocket because of this. As far as the wishing for ICS, you can forget that dream. It has already been verified by Samsung which phones/tablets will receive ICS and this horrible phone didn't make the cut.

0 Likes