Deleting e-mails only once
jocritt
. How can I put my phone and my laptop in synch on e-mails (I use MSN)? I would like to be able to read once and then keep or delete AND HAVE THE SAME ACTION ON THE OTHER MACHINE. Right now reading/deleting from one machine does nothing on the other. Thanks,
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting e-mails only once
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand how time consuming it can get to have to delete the email from your Laptop and then again on your phone. But don't worry because I'm here to help.

You can change the setting on your Bionic so it automatically deletes an email from the server when ever you delete it from your phone. This way when you delete the email on the phone you will not see it if you sign in to your email on your laptop. Below I have provided steps on how to change this setting.

1. From a Home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right).

2. Select My Accounts. If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3. Select the appropriate email account.

4. Select Other Settings.

5. Check the Remove Manually Deleted Email From Server option.

If you want the email deleted from the phone when you delete it from the laptop you need to un-check the option to leave a copy of the email on the server. Below I have provided steps on how to change this setting.

1. Sign in to your email account on your laptop.

2. Right-click the email account in the left pane then click Properties.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. Ensure Leave a copy of messages on server is not checked.

5. Click OK.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please post back if you need further assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Deleting e-mails only once
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand how time consuming it can get to have to delete the email from your Laptop and then again on your phone. But don't worry because I'm here to help.

You can change the setting on your Bionic so it automatically deletes an email from the server when ever you delete it from your phone. This way when you delete the email on the phone you will not see it if you sign in to your email on your laptop. Below I have provided steps on how to change this setting.

1. From a Home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right).

2. Select My Accounts. If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3. Select the appropriate email account.

4. Select Other Settings.

5. Check the Remove Manually Deleted Email From Server option.

If you want the email deleted from the phone when you delete it from the laptop you need to un-check the option to leave a copy of the email on the server. Below I have provided steps on how to change this setting.

1. Sign in to your email account on your laptop.

2. Right-click the email account in the left pane then click Properties.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. Ensure Leave a copy of messages on server is not checked.

5. Click OK.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please post back if you need further assistance.

0 Likes