Dialer storage very high/low internal memory
lybra975
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im getting to my witts end with my droid. When i have 3 texts I get the "rejected text due to memory being full". I constantly get the low memory message. I have 25mb of internal memory left. I constantly am deleting apps to free up space. It was great that the 2.2 update gave us 5 screens, problem is that you cant put any apps on em because the phone cant handle them. I have moved all that I can to my SD card but most you cant. I delete all my texts every couple of days because 5 messages from different people is wayyy too much. I turn it off every night. Do a battery pull once a week. The one thing that baffles me is why my dialer storage is so high. Up to 49mb and is sucking the life right out of the phone. Anyone know why this is so high?? And is there any other thing i can do before having to resort to a hard reset?

Hate to say it but if it keeps it up, i will be switching to the iPhone and ditching the android style phone. Hubby has it and never has issues.

0 Likes
Re: Dialer storage very high/low internal memory
RonAnderson
Have you deleted all your emails? And if you're on a flash site you will get a full storage because your phone is not storing to much
0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Try to deleting apps that you are not regularly using on your device. And keep in mind personal pictures as wallpaper takes up a lot of  internal memory storage along with emails that has large attachments, and undeleted messages. If you are still having the same issue then we would need to do a factory reset on the device but make sure you remove your SD card to prevent loss of your data stored.

Hope this Helps

0 Likes
RonAnderson
Your pics are stored on your sd card. Your wallpaper is part of the launcher. Check all of your folders in your email including the sent and trash. Go into settings on your web browser and clear the cashe and through the menu clear your cashe
0 Likes