Did Gingerbread change something in the corp sync email
stop4it

Corp sync now downloads the calendar events only, no email, says certificate error

0 Likes
Re: Did Gingerbread change something in the corp sync email
Cody21
Master - Level 2

See if this helps ... I posted this earlier from the SOAK group.

Check out this FAQ :    http://tiny.cc/h8l5n

0 Likes
stop4it

Thanks for the information, I will not be able to get the server changed

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Droid X - Corp Sync provisioning errors

Problem:

Software Release 4.5.596 enhances the response for several policies providing greater customization of the Exchange environment. These enhancements improve Enterprise capabilities and the level of encryption and Exchange Active Sync support is now more robust. Please use this FAQ for a best case practice for configuration.

Scope:

This solution applies to Exchange 2007 and 2010 environments.

This document is directed to an IT Exchange Admin familiar with modifying the Exchange ActiveSync policy(s) that apply to customer mailbox(s).

When  the phone is updated to the 4.5.596, the phone may experience a Provisioning Error with the Orange triangle on the status bar (Account Name provisioning error, Please contact server admin) and the Corp sync accounts are no longer communicating with the Exchange Server.

When setting up a new account on a Droid X with software update 4.5.596, the phone displays an error message:  Error, The device cannot be provisioned on this server.  Please contact the server's admin and the account never completes the set up.

Resolution:

When the Exchange Activesync policy setting is configured with "Allow non-provisional be devices" unchecked, make sure the Exchange Active Sync settings below are selected.

Password Tab:   

• Allow Simple Password (see note below on securing device)

Device Tab:     

• Allow Removable Storage
  • Allow camera
  • Allow Wifi
  • Allow Internet sharing from device
  • Allow remote desktop from device
  • Allow Bluetooth Handsfree Only

Advanced Tab in Exchange 2007:

• Allow Browser
  • Allow consumer mail

Device Application Tab in Exchange 2010:

• Allow Browser
  • Allow consumer mail

Those policies are not supported at this time and causing the provisioning problem.

Additional information:

Definitions of Allow Simple Password and Minimum Password Complex Characters:

• Allow Simple Password Exchange ActiveSync policy - this policy allows IT administrators to prevent user from creating passwords containing only repeating or sequential characters (like "abcd" and "11111")
  • Minimum Password Complex Characters Exchange ActiveSync policy - allows IT to specify how many non-letter characters should be included in the password in addition to letters.

Motorola Mobility Response on these issues:

• The Allow Simple Password Exchange ActiveSync policy is not supported on the device and device would not connect to Exchange servers requiring this policy to be enabled. However, this device does support Minimum Password Complex Characters policy which if enabled on the server supersedes the Allow Simple Password setting.
  • Motorola Mobility is considering adding feature support for all of the Exchange Active sync policy settings in the future.
0 Likes
sock63

Make sure it did not change your sync settings to WIFI. The update changed mine for my email accounts and internet.

0 Likes
jpalarchio

stop4it wrote:

Corp sync now downloads the calendar events only, no email, says certificate error

I am experiencing the same certificate error and it is not related to the device provisioning changes.

I have received this error on both Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 accounts.

0 Likes