Did I do something wrong???
killer_kitten

I fairly recently got a Motorola Droid 2, not the global or R2D2. It didn't have the latest 2.3 update to Gingerbread and was still on Froyo. I was fine with Froyo but recently decided to upgrade to Gingerbread. Bad idea... I went to update and it stayed "updating" for about an hour. The phone got EXTREMELY hot and I wound up giving my hand a slight burn touching the back of the device. Now whenever I turn it on, it says D2.37 BOOTLOADER or something like that and it  says CODE CORRUPT BATTERY LOW CANNOT PROGRAM and they are flashing. I'm not sure what the flip happened but I'm pretty pissed off. It won't charge at all and when I try to charge it when it's in the screen I mentioned above, the phone gets really hot and I decided to just pull the battery out and I burned my hand a SECOND time! This one was worse. But anyway, is there anyway I can get a replacement Droid 2 or maybe a new battery? Or can you guys reset it or something? Thanks in advanced...

0 Likes
Re: Did I do something wrong???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us, killer_kitten.
You did absolutely nothing wrong. I can assure you that you will like Gingerbread, but unfortunately you hit a snag in the road while attempting to update it.
At this point, the best thing to do would be replacing the device as long as it is still under warranty.
Has it already been taken care of for you?

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes