Disable V CAST Media Manager Web Pop Up?
NickP

Hi,

Every time I connect my Droid Incredible to my pc, my PC's web browser launches the V CAST Media Manager download page (http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_mediamanager_video).

This is an big annoyance and I would really like to disable it.  Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Disable V CAST Media Manager Web Pop Up?
robguttman

My HTC Droid Incredible just upgraded to Froyo this morning and now the same thing is happening to me.  How can we get this new tab to stop automatically opening?

0 Likes
NickP

Hi,

If you have Win XP, try disabling auto-play (might work for windows 7 as well):

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/disable-autoplay-of-audio-cds-and-usb-drives/

This is really annoying and you should be able to disable it on the phone itself rather than having to do this.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
Fibraplex
Enthusiast - Level 2

That worked in Windows XP. Thanks. I cannot believe Verizon would do this crap.

0 Likes
robguttman

THis worked for me, too, under Windows 7.  Windows 7 has a comparable mechanism called AutoPlay under the "Hardware and Sound" Control Panel -  but same idea.   I narrowed down the problem to the "Software and games" AutoPlay option - so setting that to "Take no action" turns off this Verizon nagware while retaining the other Autoplay options (if you want that).

Thanks for the pointer!  Verizon should have at least disabled the "pop up" after the first time it's shown - bad form, Verizon.

- Rob

0 Likes
tmr

Experienced the same issue since the 2.2 update. And my phone is set to "charge only" rwhen plugged in ather than connect as a disk drive. Typical Verizon douches.

0 Likes
jdg

Thanks for the tip. I guess it never occurred to them that anyone might not want to use this completely unnecessary piece of software.

0 Likes
MrElk

What I found with this is that when the dialog to install the software is up if you check windows device manager you will see another cd drive.  if you right click that drive for the properties you can disable it so on future usb connections the software will not try to load.  This way you do not have to disable auto start for everything on the PC.

0 Likes
MrElk

One more thing the first time you conncect to your PC after the upgrade you are prompted to install the drivers for the CD.  It will have VZ Icon.  My guess is that like me most people are just clicking okay and the default is to install the drivers and always run software from this drive. 

0 Likes
MKULTRABLIZZARD

is there any way to remove this garbage from the phone? it's stuff like this and bloatware that, imo, totally defeats the purpose of what Android really is. if Google ever decides to sell another one of their phones ala Nexus 1, i think i may jump ship just so i don't have to deal with all this junk. as much as i love Froyo, all this extra baggage that came with it just S U C K S.

0 Likes